No Result
View All Result
Saturday, November 29, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Benghazi – a good news story

byMichel Cousins
June 20, 2014
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
Benghazi – a good news story

Benghazi baby: lost and found

By Ayman Amzein.

Benghazi baby: lost and found
The abandoned Benghazi baby: (Photo by the young woman to whom he was handed)

Benghazi, 20 June 2014:

The sad part first.  Not for the first time, a baby was abandoned in Benghazi yesterday.

The story . . .[restrict]started in the morning when a young lady and her grandmother whom she had taken to the city’s 7 October Hospital were quietly sitting waiting for test results. A women, fully veiled wearing a black abaya, came up and asked them if they would hold her baby son while she went to the toilet. That was about 9.30am. More than an hour later, the mother had not returned and the other two women had become extremely concerned. No one in the hospital appeared to have seen the veiled woman. She had completely disappeared.

“I called my father and told him a woman has asked me to hold her baby and had disappeared,” the young woman told the Libya Herald.

RELATED POSTS

LBC opens its Eastern Region branch at its new Benghazi location

Third edition of Banking and Business Technology Forum kicked off in Misrata under patronage of Central Bank of Libya

The girl’s father arrived and despite efforts by him and the hospital director to locate the women no one could find her.

The police were contacted but they too could not help. There was no way of tracing the veiled women who had handed over the infant.

In the end of the family took the baby home. Given the present situation in Benghazi, there seemed no alternative.

By this morning, the family had decided that they would like to adopt the boy, who according to the hospital was two months old. It seemed like a relatively happy end to a sad story.

But there was then an unexpected and much happier twist.

The baby’s real family tuned up today.Their story is that the boy had been taken from them two weeks ago in Misrata. The kidnappers had then contacted them demanding a ransom of LD 15,000. But, being very poor, they had not been able to pay up. Finally, they said, they had received a message from the kidnappers that if they wanted their child they had to go to Benghazi.

This they did and filed a report with the Benghazi police, giving details of marks on the infant’s body.

Today the police managed to link the kidnapped baby to the one abandoned in the hospital.

The boy has now been reunited with this family. [/restrict]

Tags: BenghaziKidnapLibyaMisrata

Related Posts

Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Detention of a former chairman of Libya Telecom & Technology Company for LD 20 million misappropriation

November 28, 2025
“Beaches and marine life: Between investment and environmental conservation. Towards more sustainable eco-tourism” debate held in Tripoli
Libya

Tourism Minister affirms full support for Second Fesania Desert Rally scheduled to begin on 1 January in Wadi al-Hayat

November 28, 2025
Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Security plan within Tripoli has resulted in the resolution of several cases: Interior Minister Trabelsi

November 27, 2025
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Detention ordered of Director General and Director of Finance of Libyan Post, Telecoms and Information Technology Holding Co. for fund mismanagement

November 27, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba holds meeting with Interior Minister Trabelsi and Undersecretary of Defence Zoubi to follow up on ‎‎security and military developments

November 27, 2025
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Former Director of Long-Term Investment Portfolio’s Housing Company for Tourism and Hotel Investments to be detained for misappropriation of US$ 15 million

November 26, 2025
Next Post
Benghazi’s Uzu hotel to get major facelift

Benghazi's Uzu hotel to get major facelift

Sudan and Libya reaffirm ties following Hafter slight

libyaherald-Ads

Top Stories

  • NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme

    ‘‘Serious interest from American companies in returning to the Libyan market confirms their confidence in the path of reform and stability’’

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • A high-level Libyan delegation and U.S. officials from Congress, the administration, and think tanks hold roundtable discussion in DC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tripoli Libyan government delegation holds extensive meeting in DC with several major American companies ‘‘reflecting renewed American interest in Libyan market’’

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tripoli government delegation meets Eric Meyer, Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for the Middle East and Africa, to discuss economic and financial cooperation

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Seventy percent of waste is recyclable and can earn money – councils must work with the private sector to solve their recycling problems

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Benghazi Security Directorate warns against charging any commission on e-payments

Libya needs over one million housing units over next 10 years costing over 200 billion dinars

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.