No Result
View All Result
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

Jebel Nafusa pipeline blockade ends

byMichel Cousins
May 13, 2014
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Jamal Adel and Farah Waleed.

Tripoli, 13 May 2014:

The Jebel Nafusa oil blockade by a group of Zintanis who had turned . . .[restrict]off the valves on the pipelines taking oil from the Fil, Sharara and Hamada fields to Zawia has finally been brought to an end. It follows a long series of talks between the blockaders on the one side and Zintani elders and, more recently, Zintan Municipal Council on the other.

The reopening of the pipelines means that Libya can up production by some 500,000 barrels a day. Production in the affected oilfields was due to start today as a result.

“We finally reached into an agreement with the Zintani youths who turned down the terminal valves,” the Mayor of Zintan, Mustafa Al-Barouni, told the Libya Herald last night. “They’ve lifted their long-standing blockade.”

RELATED POSTS

Libya supplied nearly a quarter of Italy’s total crude oil imports in 2025

Zawia Oil Refining Company prepares to establish 100-million litre industrial oils plant in Benghazi‎

Those responsible had “demonstrated a genuine patriotism by deciding to lift the blockade unconditionally,” he added.

“The negotiations succeeded finally. We are keen to reactivate the operation within the next few hours,” said the Sharara terminal manager at Zawia port, Husain Al-Hingari, who also took part in the negotiations.

“We will work now to restore the full capacity of production in the Sharara first, then there will attempts to operate the other disrupted oilfields soon,” explained Al-Hingari.

Production at Sharara had been doubly hit. Protestors at the field had disrupted production and the valves on the pipeline along with those from Al-Fil, Al-Hamada and Wafa fields, were turned off at a valve station near Reyayna in Jebel Nafusa by members of the Petroleum Facilities Guard (PFG) from Zintan.

The Sharara protestors, however, had decided at the beginning of the month to give up their action, after they felt that they had obtained as much as they could in their demands.

The Zintanis were earlier reported to be demanding “compensation” to give up their blockade. [/restrict]

Tags: LibyaoilSharara

Related Posts

Libyan Iron and Steel Company achieves record production in HBI and DRI
Business

Bosnia Herzegovina engineering company Energoinvest signs € 2.71 million contract with Libyan Iron and Steel Co to construct a power station

May 19, 2026
CBL receives results from meetings with international banks
Business

CBL Governor & Interior Minister discuss action plan to curb FX black-market, reduce smuggling across borders and imports outside banking system

May 18, 2026
NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port
Business

Mellitah Oil and Gas completes maintenance on well A-28 in Abu Attifel field – reducing water to zero, increasing production to 2,490 bpd

May 18, 2026
Economy Minister Hwej reviews his ministry’s implementation of its 2023 plan and issues several directives
Business

Economy Ministry accredits seven international inspection companies to inspect imports of medicines & medical equipment at ports of origin

May 18, 2026
CBL receives results from meetings with international banks
Business

Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

May 17, 2026
Ministry of Housing in discussions with Ernst & Young in London
Business

Minister of Housing from Baku: Completion and construction of 150,000 housing units and the transition towards smart cities‎ is the aim

May 17, 2026
Next Post
US House Republicans vote to start new Benghazi investigation

US House Republicans vote to start new Benghazi investigation

Released Jordanian ambassador “not tortured”

Released Jordanian ambassador "not tortured"

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Al-Ittihad Football Club fans demonstrating against a result of a football match set fire to Prime Minister Aldabaiba’s Office in Tripoli

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Bosnia Herzegovina engineering company Energoinvest signs € 2.71 million contract with Libyan Iron and Steel Co to construct a power station

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.