No Result
View All Result
Sunday, August 31, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Libya Dawn accused of taking revenge on Tripoli opposition

byCallum Paton
August 26, 2014
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Ajnadin Mustafa.

Tripoli, 26 August 2014:

Scores of Zintanis living in Tripoli have been captured and hundreds . . .[restrict]individuals opposed to Libya Dawn Operations have had their homes torched since the it took control of the capital.

Residents in Tripoli told the Libya Herald that 280 homes had been looted and set alight since the Misratan-led forces took control the the airport two days ago. This included the house of Transport Minister Abdelgader Ahmed, a Zintani, Prime Minister Abdullah Al-Thinni, Othman and Abdelmajid Al-Milaiqtah, commanders within the Zintan revolutionary brigades, and Mohammed Al-Farjani, a Tripoli-based reporter for Alarabiya  TV. 

Zintan Municipal Council has described the plight of Zintanis in Tripoli as “a very dark situation”. Spokesman for the council Omar Matoog said it had complied a list of 80 names of those who had disappeared in recent days. “We do not know if they have been kidnapped or killed,” he said. He added that while Zintani officials had been targeted in the attacks, normal families and civilians had not escaped the violence.

RELATED POSTS

Aldabaiba opens First Phase of Tripoli’s Third Ring Road

LAIP stalled Misrata cement factory committee meets to move the project forward

“This is a disaster,” Matoog said. “I do not know how to describe the situation on the ground. The families are without homes; now they are refugees,” he explained.

Matoog said Zintan Municipal Council was collating a file on the the abuse and that it would pass it to the UN or the relevant international legal authorities.

While Zintanis could feel secure in their own town he claimed thatr what Libya was now witnessing was a battle not just between Misrata and Zintan but for the whole country.

It has been claimed that Zintani forces withdrew two days ago from Tripoli International Airport and other bases they held in the capital on specific orders from the House of Representatives.

[/restrict]

Tags: LibyaLibya DawnMisrataTripoliZintan

Related Posts

Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

August 29, 2025
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

August 29, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba and Shakshak discuss use of international auditors to enhance transparency and accountability in public institutions

August 28, 2025
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Ministry of Health to launch National System for Dispensing and Monitoring Insulin‎

August 28, 2025
Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

General Authority for Telecommunications and Informatics launches 2025 Frequency Allocation Plan

August 27, 2025
Major effort by the Ministry of Economy to bring back Chinese companies
Libya

Libyans still need visas to travel to China

August 27, 2025
Next Post
Victims of terrorist violence appeal to UN to intervene in Libyan crisis

Victims of terrorist violence appeal to UN to intervene in Libyan crisis

Despite deteriorating conditions, most migrant workers choosing to remain in Libya

ADVERTISEMENT

Top Stories

  • Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Medsky to launch new direct flights between Libya and Athens soon

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NOC discusses exploration and production with US oil giant Chevron in its 4 billion reserves, 18 bn barrels of shale oil and 123 trillion cubic ft of natural gas

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Qatari shipping line Milaha begins its Libya operations from Misrata Free Zone

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Ministry of Planning launches Libya 2050 Vision

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Libya Africa Investment Portfolio considering funding its Libya projects through Islamic bonds

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.