No Result
View All Result
Sunday, November 30, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Local News Benghazi

Benghazi youth suspected of machine-gunning father, mother and sister

byNigel Ash
May 27, 2012
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A

By Maha Ellawati and Nigel Ash

Benghazi, 24 May:

A young Benghazi man has handed himself in and reportedly confessed to murdering three . . .[restrict]members of his family in a hail of machine gun fire.

Police believe that Mustafa Mohammed Al Salhany may have killed his father, mother and sister because he was under the influence of drugs. They say that when he gave himself up to the Supreme Security Committee of Benghazi, he was in an agitated and hysterical state.

The suspect Salhany, his face touched out, in detention

The killings took place at the family home in Al Majory on Friday and al Salhany handed himself on Sunday. The victims, who died when dozens of bullets were fired at them, were his father Mohammed Al Salhany and mother Khiria Al Shekhi as well as a sister, whom police have not yet named.

RELATED POSTS

Benghazi Security Directorate warns against charging any commission on e-payments

Libya needs over one million housing units over next 10 years costing over 200 billion dinars

The officer in charge of the investigation, Waleed al Birnawi told Libya Herald that Salhany had gone to a building in the Laithi area to surrender, thinking it was still occupied by the Zintan Martyrs Battalion. In fact it is now used by the police, who detained him.

Birnawi said that neighbours reported that Salhany had been in a disturbed state at the time of the murders. He added that the use of hallucinatory drugs has become widespread in Benghazi.

The motive for the crime is not yet clear, though Birnawi suggested that the young man may have been involved himself in drug dealing. It is not yet known where he obtained the murder weapon nor whether he has served in any thuwar unit. Salhany is currently undergoing psychological evaluation. He reportedly told police that the only place he feels safe in Benghazi is with Supreme Security Commission.

  [/restrict]

Related Posts

Benghazi

Benghazi Crisis Committee coordinates efforts to assist city’s displaced families

April 6, 2015
Benghazi

Benghazi teachers’ strike over – for now

May 12, 2013
Ghibli grounds air traffic in Benghazi
Benghazi

Ghibli grounds air traffic in Benghazi

April 7, 2013
Benghazi

Syrian refugees arrested with instructions for DIY explosives

February 6, 2013
Benghazi

Planning begins for maintenance work on Benghazi’s municipal hotel

December 14, 2012
Benghazi

Benghazi Local Council elects second deputy

September 20, 2012
Next Post

UNICEF wants to help heal the revolution's traumatised children

There's research — and then there's research

libyaherald-Ads

Top Stories

  • NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme

    ‘‘Serious interest from American companies in returning to the Libyan market confirms their confidence in the path of reform and stability’’

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Seventy percent of waste is recyclable and can earn money – councils must work with the private sector to solve their recycling problems

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Security plan within Tripoli has resulted in the resolution of several cases: Interior Minister Trabelsi

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Public Prosecutor’s Office initiates legal proceedings against members of criminal gang involved in organizing illegal migration by sea

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Libya’s energy transition represents one of North Africa’s most significant infrastructure opportunities: LBBC Chairman Peter Millett

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Benghazi Security Directorate warns against charging any commission on e-payments

Libya needs over one million housing units over next 10 years costing over 200 billion dinars

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.