No Result
View All Result
Saturday, November 29, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

Strong French presence at Tripoli International Fair

byMichel Cousins
April 4, 2012
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Sami Zaptia.

Tripoli, April 4:  First Councilor at the French Embassy in Libya Hedi Picquart formally opened the French pavilion representing over . . .[restrict]50 French companies yesterday at the 40th Tripoli International Fair which runs from April 2-12.

‘This represents our first participation since Libya’s liberation,” Picard announced. “We look forward to constructive co-operation in the various sectors represented here today. The French pavilion is the biggest in the fair which was visited by Libyan Prime Minister Abdurrahim Al-Kib yesterday. French companies are ready to put their great expertise at the disposal of Libya,” said Picquart.

‘I am confident they can help Libya in its re-building and we hope that these efforts will be converted into an elected government and better security conditions, Mr Picard concluded.

Speaking for the Libyan Businessmen Council, one of the now numerous bodies representing the Libyan private business community , its head Abdallah Falah thanked the French exhibitors for their presence of. ‘The Libyan businessmen were the force behind the occurrence of this event to show that Libya is back to normal. It is partially to help Libya recover psychologically from a year of war.”

RELATED POSTS

Detention of a former chairman of Libya Telecom & Technology Company for LD 20 million misappropriation

Tourism Minister affirms full support for Second Fesania Desert Rally scheduled to begin on 1 January in Wadi al-Hayat

Falah also thanked the Fair Authority for being able to organise a fair in such a short period of preparation time. “No matter how much I thank France, I will not do it justice. If it were not for God then France, there would be no fair and there would be no Benghazi either. We put our hands out to French Businesses. France is the biggest single exhibitor here today and we will be a loyal friend to France for its support. I thank France, its people, its president and its government,” he emphatically concluded.

“Libyans should be proud of what they have achieved so far,” Michel Casals, President of the Libyan French Chamber of Commerce said in his remark. ‘The large presence of French companies here today proves the strong relationship between the two nations. This strong relationship built in 2011 will have long term duration. The presence of many foreign exhibitors here encourages us to be more competitive,” he reflected.

Idris Abdallah, head of the Libyan General Union of Chambers of Commerce felt that ‘the French effort to stop genocide in Libya from occurring has had a positive psychological affect on Libyans towards French products’.

Igor Chlapak, Commercial Councilor at the French Embassy wrapped up the formalities saying that French “participation and large presence here reflects the confidence in the success of the Libyan Revolution. People are asking about our large presence here today. Firstly, this fair is strategically important for France and secondly it is an opportunity for French companies to enter the Libyan market”.

A selection of French cheese and olives was offered to visitors of the French pavilion to conclude the occasion.

 

 

  [/restrict]

Related Posts

LAIP delegation visits Maputo, Mozambique to recover seized rice project
Business

Libya Africa Investment Portfolio holds coordination meeting with Nigerian embassy on Transit Corridors Project

November 28, 2025
Libyan Export Promotion Centre changes to become Libyan Export Development Authority – new logo adopted
Business

Libyan Export Development Authority to launch subsidised direct shipping service to Sub-Saharan African ports

November 28, 2025
LBBC concludes productive Benghazi visit strengthening UK-Libya business collaboration
Business

Libya’s energy transition represents one of North Africa’s most significant infrastructure opportunities: LBBC Chairman Peter Millett

November 28, 2025
Toyota Libya starts training 8 youth as part of its regular “Discover Your Talent” training programme
Business

Toyota Libya signs MoU with Ministry of Labour and Rehabilitation to strengthen cooperation in training and skills development

November 27, 2025
NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port
Business

NOC chairman participates in expanded meeting on new fuel import mechanism through tender

November 27, 2025
LBC leading delegation to Miami for America’s Food and Beverage Show – 18 to 20 September
Business

Libyan Business Council hosts Italian Consul and Commercial Attaché to discuss Italy’s Residency and Investment Programmes

November 26, 2025
Next Post

France plans to build a lasting relationship

Shooting outside Ajdabiya local Council

libyaherald-Ads

Top Stories

  • NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme

    ‘‘Serious interest from American companies in returning to the Libyan market confirms their confidence in the path of reform and stability’’

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • A high-level Libyan delegation and U.S. officials from Congress, the administration, and think tanks hold roundtable discussion in DC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tripoli Libyan government delegation holds extensive meeting in DC with several major American companies ‘‘reflecting renewed American interest in Libyan market’’

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tripoli government delegation meets Eric Meyer, Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for the Middle East and Africa, to discuss economic and financial cooperation

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Sirte Free Zone offers 70% reduction in duties for all goods through its port for two years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Detention of a former chairman of Libya Telecom & Technology Company for LD 20 million misappropriation

Tourism Minister affirms full support for Second Fesania Desert Rally scheduled to begin on 1 January in Wadi al-Hayat

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.