No Result
View All Result
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

NOC scorns allegations LNA using its airstrips; Al-Wafa pipeline reopened

bySami Zaptia
April 13, 2017
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Jamie Prentis.

T

Tunis, 13 April 2017: 

The National Oil Corporation (NOC) has rejected accusations it allowed Libyan National Army (LNA) planes to launch and then attack its targets in the south from the Al-Feel oilfield airstrips.

Instead, the oilfield was actually under the control of the Presidency Council affiliated Petroleum Facilities Guard (PFG), who had shut down oil production since December and lost Libya at least US$ 460 million the NOC said.

Salem Abu Rawi spokesman for the ‘Desert Rage’ operation in the south,  claimed that the LNA were using the airstrip to strike targets in the south and thus inflicting misery on civilians.

NOC chairman Mustafa Sanalla has demanded the various Libyan factions stop the “desperate and persistent attempts” to drag his corporation into political conflict.

RELATED POSTS

Sharara and El Feel oil fields resume full production following completion of pipeline valve maintenance: NOC

Ras Lanuf successfully restarts second polyethylene production‎ line – after a 12-year stoppage

The NOC also underlined that none of its petroleum facilities were used as military bases. In particular, it said it had no affiliation with Ras Lanuf and its airstrip, nor did it supply it with any services such as water or electricity. Ras Lanuf was used exclusively by the LNA it insisted.

The LNA retook the Ras Lanuf export terminals last month from the Benghazi Defence Brigades, an Islamist coalition made up of those displaced from Benghazi and now reported to be operating in the south.

Whilst Al-Feel oilfield remains shut the NOC did announce that it had succeeded in reopening the Al-Wafa pipeline. Sanalla commended the “social and media support” and said it was critical in allowing the pipeline to be reopened.

Nonetheless, he underlined that it was important Libya’s chief asset, oil, stop being used for personal gains and extortion. State institutions must remain open he added. With Al-Wafa feeding the Ruwais power station, energy production would be boosted Sanalla said.

Production will now rise by 9,000 bpd of oil and 7,500 of compensate the NOC said.

Three days ago the Nalut group blocked the pipeline and the NOC warned Libya would lose almost $10 million a day as a result.

The Al-Wafa gas field is operated by Mellitah Oil & Gas Company, NOC’s joint-venture with Italian company Eni. 

Tags: BDB Benghazi Defence Brigadesel feel oilfieldfeaturedLNA Libyan National ArmyNOCNOC chairman Mustafa SanallaOperation Desert RageRas LanufWafa Oil Field

Related Posts

Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

May 18, 2026
In the year that Libya hopes to hold elections, decision declaring all previously registered NGOs void is now deemed binding
Libya

Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

May 18, 2026
Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Minister of Health inaugurates 13 Golden Clinic Complexes – bringing a radical transformation in accessible healthcare to citizens

May 16, 2026
Libya

Al-Ittihad Football Club fans demonstrating against a result of a football match set fire to Prime Minister Aldabaiba’s Office in Tripoli

May 15, 2026
Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council
Business

Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

May 15, 2026
Next Post
Key dialogue member says Arab League envoy should resign

Key dialogue member says Arab League envoy should resign

Qaddafi’s People’s Hall again set on fire

Qaddafi’s People's Hall again set on fire

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Al-Ittihad Football Club fans demonstrating against a result of a football match set fire to Prime Minister Aldabaiba’s Office in Tripoli

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

CBL Governor & Interior Minister discuss action plan to curb FX black-market, reduce smuggling across borders and imports outside banking system

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.