No Result
View All Result
Thursday, February 19, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Operation Dignity expects Benghazi battles to end in a week as further reinforcements arrive

byCallum Paton
October 21, 2014
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
Operation Dignity expects Benghazi battles to end in a week as further reinforcements arrive

Clashes have continued almost continuously in Benghazi over the last week (Photo: Social Media)

By Noora Ibrahim and Farah Waleed.

Tanks deployed on the streets of Benghazi during fighting last week (Photo: Social Media)
Tanks deployed on the streets of Benghazi during fighting last week (Photo: Social Media)

Benghazi, 21 October 2014: 

Operation Dignity leaders expect to take complete control of Benghazi within a week despite . . .[restrict]almost continuous fighting in the city since the pro-government forces launched their counter attack on Wednesday.

At the same time, senior sources within the army told the Libya Herald that reinforcements had travelled from the east to bolster Operation Dignity and other government forces in Benghazi. The most recent reports had the convoys roughly 40 minutes away from the centre of the city, in the eastern suburb of Deryana.

The Commander of Operation Dignity’s Airforce, Adam Saqr Geroushi, claimed, perhaps optimistically, that pro-government forces were in control of 80 percent of territory in Benghazi.

RELATED POSTS

Libyan Islamist accused of assassinating four in US Benghazi Consulate in 2012 arrives under arrest in Washington DC

LBC Eastern Branch holds Benghazi Forum

He reiterated that Dignity had forced February 17 Brigade and its allies into a retreat from Garyounis where a large portion of their sprawling central Benghazi base had been, destroying the walls around it. He explained that Benghazi Revolutionaries Shura Council (BRSC) forces had been pushed out of Garyounis to the south west and were forming on the outskirts of the city on the Ajdabiya road.

Geroushi said most senior figures form the (BRSC) had fled to Ajdabiya and that Islamist forces were being resupplied from there.

He claimed that a second area of strong resistance lay in the Hawari district in Mashroua Al-Sassafa. He said Ansar Al-Sharia forces there had been shelling from their positions there in attempts to make the pro-government forces extend their resources.

There have been reports of shells falling on Juliana, Belawn and Kish district from Hawari. [/restrict]

Tags: BenghaziclashesLibyareinforcements

Related Posts

Libyan Ports fees increased by 235 percent to reflect dinar devaluation
Libya

Tripoli Port receives Kone Crane-type grab from Turkish branch of Portunus

February 18, 2026
Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Interior Ministry reports increased crime-fighting success despite lack of resources

February 16, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba criticises corruption and mismanagement within health sector – calls on sector to reform itself in return for his support

February 16, 2026
NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme
Business

NESDB holds Istanbul meeting to advance Libya’s food security programmes

February 15, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

PM Aldabaiba launches ‘‘100-Day Strategy for Health Sector Reform’’ – inaugurates over 20 health facilities across the country

February 15, 2026
Libya’s western-based army opens enrolment
Libya

General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

February 14, 2026
Next Post

EU Foreign Affairs Council ready to implement UN sanctions

Government says removal of divisive Grand Mufti in Libya’s best interest

Government says removal of divisive Grand Mufti in Libya’s best interest

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tunisian Ministry of Transport announces studies for railway connection project with Libya and Algeria

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • National Development Agency signs partnership agreement with Signify Philips to enhance lighting projects in Libya

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

First phase of technical study assessing existing damage to Zumurrud Mall project completed

Tripoli Port receives Kone Crane-type grab from Turkish branch of Portunus

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.