No Result
View All Result
Wednesday, February 18, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

One dead and another injured following bomb attack on Hafter’s home

byCallum Paton
May 5, 2016
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
One  dead and another injured following bomb attack on Hafter’s home

The site of the bomb blast at Hafter's Benghazi home (Photo: Social Media)

By Noora Ibrahim.

The site of the bomb blast at Hafter's Benghazi home (Photo: Social Media)
The site of the bomb blast at Hafter’s Benghazi home (Photo: Social Media)

Benghazi, 19 October 2014:

Militants carried out a bomb attack on the central Benghazi home of General Khalifa Hafter, the . . .[restrict]leader of Operation Dignity, killing one and injuring another this morning.

The Spokesman for Operation Dignity Mohammed Al-Hejazi told the Libya Herald that the attack was carried out at around 10 am when a driver in a Toyota truck threw the bomb in a bag towards Hafter’s house.

Medics at Benghazi Medical Centre (BMC) said a woman who was driving past the house at the time of the explosion died in hospital this afternoon from injuries sustained in the attack. She was identified as Aziza Al-Amari. Her friend, driving with her in the car, was also injured in the attack but is said to be in a stable condition.

RELATED POSTS

Libyan Islamist accused of assassinating four in US Benghazi Consulate in 2012 arrives under arrest in Washington DC

LBC Eastern Branch holds Benghazi Forum

The blast from the device caused causes some damage to the property. Neither Hafter nor any members of his family have stayed in the home, which is located in Benghazi’s Zeitun area near Dubai street, since the beginning of Operation Dignity in May.

In June, Hafter was injured when a massive car bomb blast a kilometre from his compound south of Benghazi damaged the room in which he was staying.

There has been a spike in the number of bomb attacks in Benghazi since Operation Dignity reentered the city on Wednesday.

The spokesman for the General Chief of Staff Ahmed Al-Mismari said government supporters had seized a massive car bomb in Majouri last night after a man had tried to detonate a device comprising of five large gas canisters at a makeshift checkpoint.

Later, under interrogation, the man in question said that he had been travelling from Hay Salem.

On Friday night a suicide bomber blew himself up and killed three civilians at a roadblock in Buhdeima. The attack is believed to be in revenge for the murder by local vigilantes of a Buhdeima family of Ansar Al-Sharia supporters.

Fighting in several Benghazi districts has continued since Wednesday with clashes reported today in Hay Masekin, Shibna and Gariyounis today. [/restrict]

Continue Reading
Tags: Benghazibomb attackHafterLibya

Related Posts

Libyan Ports fees increased by 235 percent to reflect dinar devaluation
Libya

Tripoli Port receives Kone Crane-type grab from Turkish branch of Portunus

February 18, 2026
Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Interior Ministry reports increased crime-fighting success despite lack of resources

February 16, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba criticises corruption and mismanagement within health sector – calls on sector to reform itself in return for his support

February 16, 2026
NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme
Business

NESDB holds Istanbul meeting to advance Libya’s food security programmes

February 15, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

PM Aldabaiba launches ‘‘100-Day Strategy for Health Sector Reform’’ – inaugurates over 20 health facilities across the country

February 15, 2026
Libya’s western-based army opens enrolment
Libya

General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

February 14, 2026
Next Post
Heritage threatened by thieves and vandals, say experts

Heritage threatened by thieves and vandals, say experts

Leading Benghazi social worker slain

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tunisian Ministry of Transport announces studies for railway connection project with Libya and Algeria

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • LIA discusses with China’s Chargé d’affaires reinvesting Libya’s Security Council frozen assets to preserve their value

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

First phase of technical study assessing existing damage to Zumurrud Mall project completed

Tripoli Port receives Kone Crane-type grab from Turkish branch of Portunus

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.