No Result
View All Result
Sunday, November 30, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

LNA lose 21 dead in retaking oil terminals

byNigel Ash
March 15, 2017
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
LNA lose 21 dead in retaking oil terminals

LNA solider beside wrecked BDB vehicle (Photo: social media)

By Libya Herald reporters.

LNA soldier beside a wrecked BDB personnel carrier (Photo: social media)
LNA soldier beside a wrecked BDB armoured personnel carrier (Photo: social media)

Benghazi and Tunis, 14 March 2017:

The bodies of 21 Libyan National Army soldiers have been brought to hospitals in Benghazi and Ajdabiya, local sources told the Libya Herald. All were killed in today’s fighting that saw the LNA recapture the Sidra and Ras Lanuf oil terminals.

No figures have been released for the number of soldiers injured nor for the dead and wounded among the Benghazi Defence Brigades.

LNA spokesman Ahmed Al-Mismari claimed this afternoon that the remnants of the BDB had fled to Misrata and Jufra. He told a Benghazi press conference that BDB fighters had been captured trying to escape to Jufra but he did not say how many.

RELATED POSTS

Libya Development and Reconstruction Fund signs ”strategic agreements” with ”several large” US Companies

Libya Development and Reconstruction Fund signs contract with Turkey’s Ankamenia for maintenance of Benghazi University’s medical colleges

Mangled remains said to be from today's battle (Photo: social media)
Mangled remains said to be from today’s battle (Photo: social media)

Mismari added that Hafter had ordered his commanders to oust the BDB from Jufra and that LNA units were already concentrating to liberate the town.

According to social media, warplanes could be heard operating overJufra and Hun this evening

Meanwhile, the UK, US, French and Italian ambassadors have expressed their “strong concern” over the fate of Libya’s oil facilities. They called for an end to hostilities in the Oil Crescent to protect Libya’s most critical oil asset.

“Oil infrastructure, production, export and revenues belong to the Libyan people and must remain under the exclusive control of the National Oil Corporation,” they said.

All these ambassadors, save the Italian, came up with similar remarks eleven days ago when the BDB first attacked LNA positions in Sidra and Ras Lanuf.

The House of Representatives president Ageela Saleh has praised the LNA for retaking the oil terminals and offered his condolences to the families of those soldiers killed.

Tags: BDBfeaturedHafterLibyaLNAMismari

Related Posts

Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Detention of a former chairman of Libya Telecom & Technology Company for LD 20 million misappropriation

November 28, 2025
“Beaches and marine life: Between investment and environmental conservation. Towards more sustainable eco-tourism” debate held in Tripoli
Libya

Tourism Minister affirms full support for Second Fesania Desert Rally scheduled to begin on 1 January in Wadi al-Hayat

November 28, 2025
Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Security plan within Tripoli has resulted in the resolution of several cases: Interior Minister Trabelsi

November 27, 2025
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Detention ordered of Director General and Director of Finance of Libyan Post, Telecoms and Information Technology Holding Co. for fund mismanagement

November 27, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba holds meeting with Interior Minister Trabelsi and Undersecretary of Defence Zoubi to follow up on ‎‎security and military developments

November 27, 2025
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Former Director of Long-Term Investment Portfolio’s Housing Company for Tourism and Hotel Investments to be detained for misappropriation of US$ 15 million

November 26, 2025
Next Post
Tripoli fighting spreads tonight

Tripoli fighting spreads tonight

Khalifa Ghwell’s National Salvation Government loses its Rixos HQ

Khalifa Ghwell's National Salvation Government loses its Rixos HQ

libyaherald-Ads

Top Stories

  • NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme

    ‘‘Serious interest from American companies in returning to the Libyan market confirms their confidence in the path of reform and stability’’

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Seventy percent of waste is recyclable and can earn money – councils must work with the private sector to solve their recycling problems

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Security plan within Tripoli has resulted in the resolution of several cases: Interior Minister Trabelsi

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Public Prosecutor’s Office initiates legal proceedings against members of criminal gang involved in organizing illegal migration by sea

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NOC chairman participates in expanded meeting on new fuel import mechanism through tender

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Benghazi Security Directorate warns against charging any commission on e-payments

Libya needs over one million housing units over next 10 years costing over 200 billion dinars

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.