No Result
View All Result
Friday, February 20, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Boat carrying weapons and supplies captured in Benghazi as fighting continues

byCallum Paton
February 25, 2016
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Maha Suliman.

Benghazi, 22 November 2014:

Libyan National Army (LNA) marine forces say they have captured a boat belonging . . .[restrict]to Benghazi Revolutionaries Shoura Council (BRSC) carrying supplies to Sabri as fighting continues in the city.

An LNA spokesman, Mohammed Al-Hejazi, told the Libya Herald pro-government naval forces had seized the boat which was carrying weapons and ammunition to Sabri. It was on its way from Ganfouda, south of BRSC’s stronghold in Garyounis, when it was boarded.

The boat, Hejazi claimed, had been sent by the Rafallah Saiti brigade and was also meant to collect dead and wounded BRSC fighters. He said that amongst the boat’s arrested crew was a Ghanian captain.

RELATED POSTS

Libyan Islamist accused of assassinating four in US Benghazi Consulate in 2012 arrives under arrest in Washington DC

LBC Eastern Branch holds Benghazi Forum

The LNA said it was battling against a much-depleted BRSC force in Sabri, the last area standing between pro-government forces and Benghazi’s seaport. Supplies to the Islamist coalition of the Shoura Council reportedly enter Sabri through a small jetty.

In Sabri the head of LNA air forces Adam Saqr Geroushi said government forces had confirmed the death of an Ansar Al-Sharia leader, Khalifa Buhajar. Geroushi said Buhajar had been directing Ansar forces in the area and described him as a “very dangerous man”. His funeral was held today.

Elsewhere in the city fighting has continued the Laithi district which has reportedly become completely encircled by government forces. Geroushi said resistance in Laithi was “leftovers”.

Residents in the east of Benghazi have reported a much improved security situation in recent days with traffic police on the streets and a calm not know known for months.

[/restrict]

Tags: BenghaziboatcapturedclashesLibya

Related Posts

Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

February 19, 2026
UNSMIL: Warring parties invited to begin negotiations on 29 September
Libya

No progress in Libya’s latest political Roadmap: UNSMIL head Tetteh

February 19, 2026
Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech
Libya

After the revolution, Libya needs a state of institutions, the rule of law and a unified professional army: Undersecretary of Defence Zoubi

February 19, 2026
Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech
Libya

Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech

February 19, 2026
Libyan Ports fees increased by 235 percent to reflect dinar devaluation
Business

Tripoli Port receives Kone Crane-type grab from Turkish branch of Portunus

February 19, 2026
Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Interior Ministry reports increased crime-fighting success despite lack of resources

February 16, 2026
Next Post

Al Madar restores service in the east

Government denies and port or airport shut-down in west

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tunisian Ministry of Transport announces studies for railway connection project with Libya and Algeria

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Julyana Free Port meet high-level British delegation visiting Benghazi

US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.