By Noora Ibrahim.

Benghazi, 2 November 2014:
In a tirade against Libya Dawn and its backers,Mohammed Al-Hejazi, the spokesman for . . .[restrict]Operation Dignity and pro-government forces, has claimed that commercial jets have been used to fly hi-tech weapons and equipment into Misrata.
Hejazi told the Libya Herald that the Libyan National Army (LNA) had been monitoring one particular commercial jet carrier and had discovered that night vision goggles and advanced sniper rifles were being supplied to Misrata through its flights.
He claimed that Friday marked the fifth occasion that arms from Qatar and Turkey had been supplied in this way. He added that Misrata’s airport had been hijacked by “out of control militias”. Hejazi said because of this, the process of funnelling weapons into the city from abroad had become easy and common.
Lashing out at Turkey and Qatar, believed to be the main foreign supporters of Libya Dawn, Hejazi said Qatar was inciting violence in Libya and supported extremists like the Benghazi Revolutionaries Shura Council (BRSC). He also described Qatar as a “statelet, not exceeding the size of a Libyan farm”.
Hejazi claimed that Turkish intelligence was also supporting and arming extremists in Libya but reiterated his claim that Qatar posed the greatest threat to the country. He did not name the carrier involved. Turkish Airlines resumed cargo charter flights to Misrata last month and daily passenger flights to Istanbul began a week ago
[/restrict]