No Result
View All Result
Saturday, November 29, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Zeidan calls coup plotters “terrorists”

byMichel Cousins
October 21, 2013
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Ashraf Abdul-Wahab.

Zeidan speaks on TV yesterday
Zeidan speaks on TV on Friday

Tripoli, 13 October 2013:

The Prime Minister has accused the Libyan Revolutionaries Operations Room (LROR) and a handful of Congress . . .[restrict]members who tried to bring down his government by seizing him on Thursday of being terrorists.

Speaking in an interview with Al-Arabiya TV this evening, he said that the two groups had plotted to arrest him after attempts in Congress, first on last Tuesday and then the following day, to gather sufficient votes to remove him had failed.

He accused the LROR of lying and making contradictory statements when it first admitted being involved in the kidnapping on its Facebook page and then denying it.

RELATED POSTS

Top law firm joins new British Libyan Business Association

An academy with a difference in Tripoli

The mobilization of the 100 armed vehicles that arrived at the Corinthia Hotel where he was staying could not have happened, he said, without orders being giving by someone in authority.

“We cannot ignore all the facts in our hands,” he said.

However, the put the number of people involved in this operation as “no more than four or five from the Congress and their names shall announced by Congress shortly,” he said.

It is widely believed that those he has in mind are members of the Muslim Brotherhood-linked Justice and Construction Party which has been leading the movement in Congress to have him sacked.

He said that he had been with one of the plotters a few days prior to kidnapping. Proof of that was that his interrogator after he was seized spoke of the conversation he had had with the Congress member.

Meanwhile it was announced today by Khaled Shanta, a commander of the Counter Crime Agency (CCA) in Tripoli that, following investigations, legal proceedings had being dropped against the CCA’s official spokesman, Abdelhakim Belazi, in relation to statements he made to the media about the kidnapping. Belazi is also said to have been one of Zeidan’s interrogators while he was being held. Shanta reportedly claimed that the investigations had proved that the statements made by Belazi were true.

Belazi had said on Thursday, after Congress President Nuri Abu Sahmain’s condemnation of the seizure, that Abu Sahmain had been aware of the arrest order against Zeidan. [/restrict]

Tags: Abdulhakim BelaziAli ZeidanCCAfeaturedLibyaZeidan

Related Posts

Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Detention of a former chairman of Libya Telecom & Technology Company for LD 20 million misappropriation

November 28, 2025
“Beaches and marine life: Between investment and environmental conservation. Towards more sustainable eco-tourism” debate held in Tripoli
Libya

Tourism Minister affirms full support for Second Fesania Desert Rally scheduled to begin on 1 January in Wadi al-Hayat

November 28, 2025
Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Security plan within Tripoli has resulted in the resolution of several cases: Interior Minister Trabelsi

November 27, 2025
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Detention ordered of Director General and Director of Finance of Libyan Post, Telecoms and Information Technology Holding Co. for fund mismanagement

November 27, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba holds meeting with Interior Minister Trabelsi and Undersecretary of Defence Zoubi to follow up on ‎‎security and military developments

November 27, 2025
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Former Director of Long-Term Investment Portfolio’s Housing Company for Tourism and Hotel Investments to be detained for misappropriation of US$ 15 million

November 26, 2025
Next Post
Kick starting job-creating growth in the Middle East and North Africa

Kick starting job-creating growth in the Middle East and North Africa

Tripoli football coach escapes shooting unhurt

libyaherald-Ads

Top Stories

  • NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme

    ‘‘Serious interest from American companies in returning to the Libyan market confirms their confidence in the path of reform and stability’’

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • A high-level Libyan delegation and U.S. officials from Congress, the administration, and think tanks hold roundtable discussion in DC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tripoli Libyan government delegation holds extensive meeting in DC with several major American companies ‘‘reflecting renewed American interest in Libyan market’’

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tripoli government delegation meets Eric Meyer, Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for the Middle East and Africa, to discuss economic and financial cooperation

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Sirte Free Zone offers 70% reduction in duties for all goods through its port for two years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Detention of a former chairman of Libya Telecom & Technology Company for LD 20 million misappropriation

Tourism Minister affirms full support for Second Fesania Desert Rally scheduled to begin on 1 January in Wadi al-Hayat

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.