No Result
View All Result
Wednesday, February 18, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Bouznika Libya talks call on international support

bySami Zaptia
October 11, 2020
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Sami Zaptia.

London, 6 October 2020:

The delegations of the Libyan Parliament (House of Representatives) and the High State Council, participating in the second round of the Libyan dialogue sessions in Bouznika, Morocco, called yesterday on the international parties to support the Bouznika track which they said had ‘‘achieved positive results”. The Bouznika, Rabat, Morocco talks had resumed on Friday 2 October.

The call for support from Morocco was directed at the Berlin Libya process states participating in a meeting on Libya on the side lines of the United Nations General Assembly.

RELATED POSTS

Ministry of Economy invites Serbian companies to participate in 52nd Tripoli International Fair

Ministry of Planning meets Libyan Industry Union to discuss support for nationally manufactured products

During a press conference after one of the sessions, Idris Omran, House of Representatives member, expressed the two delegations’ thanks to the international parties involved in the Berlin process and participating in a meeting on Libya on the side lines of the United Nations General Assembly, for the efforts made to develop a comprehensive vision to end the Libyan crisis. He reminded the international parties of their previous commitments, especially paragraphs 37 and 38 of the Berlin 1 meeting outcomes, and called on them to support the Bouznika track that achieved positive results, the Moroccan official news agency reported.

The two delegations were also reported to have affirmed that the dialogue sessions “were dominated by a positive atmosphere and a spirit of optimism, which resulted in the unification of visions regarding standards related to the seven sovereign positions in Libya ”.

Idris Omran stated that the delegations had reached, in the first round of the Libyan dialogue last month, important understandings about the mechanisms of unifying sovereign institutions, stressing that there is insistence to complete the work on the issue of standards as soon as possible.

It will be recalled that the two delegations had first met for five days from 5 September 5 and had announced in a joint communique at the end of that meeting a comprehensive agreement on transparent and objective standards and mechanisms for appointing Libya’s main sovereign positions. The talks were planned for two days and had to be extended.

It is also worth bearing in mind that UNSMIL and the Berlin Libya conference supporting states do not see the Morocco, Switzerland and Egypt talks as alternatives or competitors to UNSMIL-led dialogues.

Commenting on the high level ministerial meeting on Libya on the side lines of the United Nations, UNSMIL Acting head Stephanie Williams said that yesterday’s UN high-level ministerial meeting on Libya emphasized that the UNSMIL-facilitated process should be the only game in town to  bring Libyans together to forge an inclusive political solution, and that and the International Community should unite behind and support these UN efforts.

Bilateral and regional initiatives (Montreux, Bouznika and Hurghada), she added, should all converge in support of the UN-facilitated process. Williams was speaking yesterday during a virtual press encounter.

 

https://www.libyaherald.com/2020/09/11/rabat-morocco-libya-talks-end-final-joint-communique-announces-comprehensive-agreement-on-criteria-for-appointing-sovereign-positions/

 

https://www.libyaherald.com/2020/09/08/un-and-u-s-confident-that-libyan-dialogue-in-rabat-morocco-will-have-positive-impact/

 

https://www.libyaherald.com/2020/09/07/hor-and-hsc-delegations-meet-in-morocco-for-political-dialogue/

 

Related Posts

Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Interior Ministry reports increased crime-fighting success despite lack of resources

February 16, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba criticises corruption and mismanagement within health sector – calls on sector to reform itself in return for his support

February 16, 2026
NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme
Business

NESDB holds Istanbul meeting to advance Libya’s food security programmes

February 15, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

PM Aldabaiba launches ‘‘100-Day Strategy for Health Sector Reform’’ – inaugurates over 20 health facilities across the country

February 15, 2026
Libya’s western-based army opens enrolment
Libya

General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

February 14, 2026
Janzour militia clashes cause damage to Tripoli West power station
Libya

Calm returns to Janzour after overnight militia clashes

February 13, 2026
Next Post

Resumption of flights between west and east Libya contemplated

Labour Ministry and Tripoli university launch best project idea 2020 competition

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tunisian Ministry of Transport announces studies for railway connection project with Libya and Algeria

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • LIA discusses with China’s Chargé d’affaires reinvesting Libya’s Security Council frozen assets to preserve their value

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Ministry of Economy invites Serbian companies to participate in 52nd Tripoli International Fair

Ministry of Planning meets Libyan Industry Union to discuss support for nationally manufactured products

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.