No Result
View All Result
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Reports of new fuel depot fire as threat of planned LROR attack against Warshefana looms

byMichel Cousins
August 12, 2014
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
Reports of new fuel depot fire as threat of planned LROR attack against Warshefana looms

Camp 27 is now a complete ruin.

 

Smoke rising over Tripoli
Smoke rising over Tripoli

By Ajnadin Mustafa.

Tripoli, 11 August 2014:

Reports that the Brega Oil and Gas Marketing Company’’s fuel depot on the capital’s . . .[restrict]Airport Road had today again been attacked have been denied by the company’s spokesman, Fathi Al-Darhubi, speaking from Gharian. “The tanks were not hit today,” he told the Libya Herald, refuting claims from a Zintani source that they had again been targeted.

Only yesterday, two and a half weeks after they were first hit by missiles, was the fire finally extinguished – according to Darhubi, because all the petrol had been burned up.

RELATED POSTS

Presidency Council Head commits to transparency, disclosure, oversight – cutting off system of bribery, brokerage, and unregulated spending

Zawia airport construction starts – under the NDA and to be implemented by a Turkish company

It latter transpired that the black smoke seen hanging over Tripoli as far as Janzour this afternoon, apparently coming from the direction of the fuel depot, in fact came from further away – from the airport’s fuel depot to the south of Tripoli International Airport. It was this that was hit, by missiles fired by unknown forces.

Meanwhile residents in Janzour said they feared renewed shelling tonight following the news that Libyan Revolutionaries Operation Room forces have been gathering in Zawia today ahead of a planned assault on the Warshefana in cooperation with the Fursan Janzour Brigade. As of late evening today, however, no action had started. Reports in Zawia speak of a seemingly uncoordinated force there awaiting further reinforcements.

In the Warshefana area, however, it is been claimed that a the peace deal with the Zawia, agreed three days ago, is holding. It had already resulted in an exchange of prisoners, a source said, adding that it had been mediated by Warfalla elders mainly from Bani Walid.

The latter agreed their own peace deal with Zawia in June.

In addition, the Warshefana are claiming to have captured Scud missiles when they took Camp 27 last week. A deputy commander of the Warshefana forces told this newspaper that there was no intention to use them and that they would be handed over to the army when there was an army able to receive them. However, in what appeared to be a thinly veiled threat,he noted that from Zahra and Azziziya they could hit Misrata.

For its part, Misrata is also thought to possess Scuds.

Camp 27 is now a complete ruin.
Camp 27 now a complete ruin after demolition by Warshefana forces over the weekend (Photo: Social media)

  [/restrict]

Tags: LibyawarshefanaZawia

Related Posts

Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Interior Ministry reports increased crime-fighting success despite lack of resources

February 16, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba criticises corruption and mismanagement within health sector – calls on sector to reform itself in return for his support

February 16, 2026
NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme
Business

NESDB holds Istanbul meeting to advance Libya’s food security programmes

February 15, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

PM Aldabaiba launches ‘‘100-Day Strategy for Health Sector Reform’’ – inaugurates over 20 health facilities across the country

February 15, 2026
Libya’s western-based army opens enrolment
Libya

General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

February 14, 2026
Janzour militia clashes cause damage to Tripoli West power station
Libya

Calm returns to Janzour after overnight militia clashes

February 13, 2026
Next Post

Sixty-three Saiqa members killed and 200 wounded in July fighting

Chief of Staff's ceasefire orders ignored

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • MFZ signs strategic maritime MoU with the Egyptian company MAPSO to enhance capabilities in building and maintaining marine vessels

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tunisian Ministry of Transport announces studies for railway connection project with Libya and Algeria

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

“Transition to Clean Energy in Fezzan” symposium held by University of Fezzan and supported by NOC

CBL reaches agreement with importers to urgently deliver 2.5 million boxes of cooking oil

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.