No Result
View All Result
Wednesday, February 18, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Severed head found in west Benghazi as killing continues

byCallum Paton
June 23, 2014
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A

By Moutaz Ahmed, Ayman Amzein and Noora Ibrahim.

Benghazi, 21 June 2014:

The severed head of an unidentified man has arrived at Benghazi . . .[restrict]Medical Centre (BMC) amid a wave of murders and disappearances in the city.

The spokesman for BMC told the Libya Herald that the head was brought in after it had been found in a cloth bag near a petrol station in west Benghazi’s Jarutha district. He said no further details surrounding the killing, including the whereabouts of the body, had emerged and that investigations were ongoing.

This morning, the body of naval officer Wissam Salah Faitouri arrived at Benghazi’s Jalaa Hospital after he was shot and killed in the city’s Sabri area. The spokesperson for the hospital said Faitouri had been murdered at 11 pm by unknown gunmen. He was 35 years old.

RELATED POSTS

Libyan Islamist accused of assassinating four in US Benghazi Consulate in 2012 arrives under arrest in Washington DC

LBC Eastern Branch holds Benghazi Forum

Saiqa Special Forces investigators are conducting inquiries into the discovery of three further bodies, found in Benghazi’s Jarutha district on Thursday.

One of the three has been identified as Mohammed Nouri Al-Dine, a celebrated revolutionary fighter from Saiqa Special Forces 1st Battalion who rose to fame for his role in the liberation of Sirte in 2011. Spokesman for Saiqa Colonel Miloud Zouri said the identities of the two other men were unknown. They have been taken to BMC for further examination and are believed to have died in the Salluq area of the city.

Also on Thursday four more unidentified bodies arrived at BMC according to the Libyan News Agency LANA. Security personnel recovered the bodies of three men in Gemenis south of the city. Investigations into the individuals’ identities and their deaths are ongoing.

  [/restrict]

Tags: BenghazidecapitationdisappearanceskillingsLibyamurders

Related Posts

Libyan Ports fees increased by 235 percent to reflect dinar devaluation
Libya

Tripoli Port receives Kone Crane-type grab from Turkish branch of Portunus

February 18, 2026
Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Interior Ministry reports increased crime-fighting success despite lack of resources

February 16, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba criticises corruption and mismanagement within health sector – calls on sector to reform itself in return for his support

February 16, 2026
NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme
Business

NESDB holds Istanbul meeting to advance Libya’s food security programmes

February 15, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

PM Aldabaiba launches ‘‘100-Day Strategy for Health Sector Reform’’ – inaugurates over 20 health facilities across the country

February 15, 2026
Libya’s western-based army opens enrolment
Libya

General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

February 14, 2026
Next Post
Deadly Benghazi port battle follows burning of seized hashish: at least four dead

Deadly Benghazi port battle follows burning of seized hashish: at least four dead

Eight feared killed in three days of Sebha violence

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tunisian Ministry of Transport announces studies for railway connection project with Libya and Algeria

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • LIA discusses with China’s Chargé d’affaires reinvesting Libya’s Security Council frozen assets to preserve their value

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

First phase of technical study assessing existing damage to Zumurrud Mall project completed

Tripoli Port receives Kone Crane-type grab from Turkish branch of Portunus

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.