No Result
View All Result
Saturday, February 21, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Al-Sanussi holds key to Yvonne Fletcher death, says El-Kib

byGeorge Grant
May 26, 2012
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
Al-Sanussi holds key to Yvonne Fletcher death, says El-Kib

Abdullah Al-Senussi, Qaddafi's former intelligence chief

Al-Sanussi holds key to Yvonne Fletcher death, says PM El-Kib

London, 26 May: 

Prime Minister Abdurrahim El-Kib has alleged that Abduallah Al-Senussi, Qaddafi’s . . .[restrict]brother-in-law and former head of intelligence, was “directly or indirectly involved” in the murder of WPC Yvonne Fletcher, and knew the identity of her killer.

Abdullah Al-Senussi, Qaddafi's former intelligence chief

Speaking during an interview with the UK’s Guardian newspaper, El-Kib said of Al-Senussi, “I guarantee he was almost directly or indirectly involved in most if not all of the crimes [of the former regime]. That doesn’t mean others weren’t involved. But he definitely knows who they were.”

When asked if he believed WPC Fletcher’s killer to still be alive and in Libya, El-Kib responded, “I leave this to the investigation”.

RELATED POSTS

Khoms Port receives five new Ferrari and Kone Crane 45-ton cranes

Military Industrialization Organisation delivers 7,000 cooking gas cylinders it has manufactured locally to Brega Oil Marketing Company

Al-Senussi is currently being held in Mauritania, having fled there from Morocco in March this year. The government in Nouakchott is currently considering a request by the Libyan government for his extradition.

Al-Senussi is wanted by a number of jurisdictions for alleged crimes committed over several decades.

In addition to the Yvonne Fletcher case, the British government wants to question Al-Senussi in relation to the 1988 Lockerbie bombing, in which 270 people died.

The French government, meanwhile, want him in for his role in the bombing of a French passenger plane over Chad in 1989, which killed all 171 people on board. He was convicted of this crime in-absentia by a French court in 1999.

In Libya, Al-Senussi is wanted on numerous charges of murder and human rights abuses, perhaps most infamously the 1996 Abu Salim prison massacre, in which more than 1,200 inmates died.

He is also wanted by both the government and the International Criminal Court (ICC) in relation to his involvement in attempting to suppress last year’s pro-democracy uprising.

It is widely believed that new light will be shed on a number of these cases should Al-Senussi be eventually apprehended and tried.

El-Kib has insisted that Al-Senussi will have his day in court: “This person needs to be tried in Libya soon so we can close the books on many of the crimes committed by the past regime”, he said. [/restrict]

Related Posts

Libyan Ports fees increased by 235 percent to reflect dinar devaluation
Libya

Khoms Port receives five new Ferrari and Kone Crane 45-ton cranes

February 20, 2026
Malta to open Libya Consulate in weeks – visas, residency permits, flights, bank accounts, seized dinars discussed
Libya

Maltese Embassy participated in a mission in Libya in support of the Libyan National Centre for Emergencies and Disaster Management.

February 20, 2026
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

February 19, 2026
UNSMIL: Warring parties invited to begin negotiations on 29 September
Libya

No progress in Libya’s latest political Roadmap: UNSMIL head Tetteh

February 19, 2026
Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech
Libya

After the revolution, Libya needs a state of institutions, the rule of law and a unified professional army: Undersecretary of Defence Zoubi

February 19, 2026
Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech
Libya

Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech

February 19, 2026
Next Post

Palestinians in Benghazi to get subsidised food

Federalists trying to impose their will by force

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • No progress in Libya’s latest political Roadmap: UNSMIL head Tetteh

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Khoms Port receives five new Ferrari and Kone Crane 45-ton cranes

Military Industrialization Organisation delivers 7,000 cooking gas cylinders it has manufactured locally to Brega Oil Marketing Company

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.