No Result
View All Result
Saturday, February 21, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Kidnapped TV crew reported executed by IS

byMichel Cousins
April 27, 2015
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Libya Herald reporters.

Beida/Benghazi, 27 April 2015:

The five-member Cyrenaica TV crew kidnapped near Ajdabiya nearly nine months ago are reported to . . .[restrict]have been beheaded by the Islamic State (IS).

Headless bodies are reported to have been found following the arrest at the Libya-Egyptian border crossing at Musaid of an Egyptian said to be a member of IS. According to a lawyer connected to the TV station, the man confessed to involvement in the killing of the five who were seized at a fake checkpoint near Ajdabiya on 5 August. They were on their way back to the town, travelling on the desert road, after filming the inauguration of the House of Representatives in Tobruk.

Details of the killings are sketchy. According to a report, the bodies were found near Beida this morning following the confession. But it is also reported that DNA tests carried out in Egypt from samples from one of the bodies have already shown him to be a member of the crew, the Egyptian cameraman.

RELATED POSTS

Eastern Libyan government engages Turkish company to assess safety of dams

Libya’s Derna flood response cost lives – independent investigation needed: HRW

Another report has the bodies found near Derna. A further one says that two members of IS were captured and confessed to the killings.

However, a staff member with Cyrenaica TV told the Libya Herald today that the station believed the reports to be true. Deeply distressed and angry, he said he could not talk any more.

There has been no statement from IS.

At the time of their abduction, it was said that the five had been taken by Ansar Al-Sharia, not IS. If so, and they have now been murdered by IS, it would confirm reports of a growing interaction between the two.

Cyrenaica TV is owned by Ibrahim Jadhran.

The five are named are:

  • Abdussalam Al-Kahala
  • Younis Al-Gamoudi
  • Khaled Al-Hamil
  • Younis Al-Sal
  • Mohamed Galal (Egyptian)

[/restrict]

Tags: ajdabiyaBeidaCyrenaica TVDernaIbrahim JadhranIslamic StateLibya

Related Posts

Mental health services in Libya almost non-existent – approximately one million people need mental health care: WHO 2020 report
Libya

WHO confirms elimination of trachoma as a public health problem in Libya – particularly notable given years of political instability and humanitarian challenges on health services

February 21, 2026
Aldabaiba attempts to solidify his position and continues to entrench rentier state with a spree of handouts
Libya

Aldabaiba refutes Italian media reports of another health setback – says he was having a routine checkup coinciding with a Milan visit

February 21, 2026
Libyan Ports fees increased by 235 percent to reflect dinar devaluation
Libya

Khoms Port receives five new Ferrari and Kone Crane 45-ton cranes

February 20, 2026
Malta to open Libya Consulate in weeks – visas, residency permits, flights, bank accounts, seized dinars discussed
Libya

Maltese Embassy participated in a mission in Libya in support of the Libyan National Centre for Emergencies and Disaster Management.

February 20, 2026
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

February 19, 2026
UNSMIL: Warring parties invited to begin negotiations on 29 September
Libya

No progress in Libya’s latest political Roadmap: UNSMIL head Tetteh

February 19, 2026
Next Post

Family feud turns deadly in Sebha

Chairman of Libya's Council of Elders steps down

Top Stories

  • Aldabaiba attempts to solidify his position and continues to entrench rentier state with a spree of handouts

    Aldabaiba refutes Italian media reports of another health setback – says he was having a routine checkup coinciding with a Milan visit

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • No progress in Libya’s latest political Roadmap: UNSMIL head Tetteh

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

WHO confirms elimination of trachoma as a public health problem in Libya – particularly notable given years of political instability and humanitarian challenges on health services

Aldabaiba refutes Italian media reports of another health setback – says he was having a routine checkup coinciding with a Milan visit

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.