No Result
View All Result
Monday, May 18, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Ten more Egyptians reported missing in Libya; Egyptian president launches “crisis cell”

byNewsdesk1
January 8, 2015
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Libya Herald staff.

Tripoli, 8 January 2015:

Ten more Egyptians are said to be missing in Libya. They were last heard from on . . .[restrict]25 December near the town of Beni Walid. It has provoked Egyptian President Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi to call for the formation of a “crisis cell” to “secure the lives of Egyptians kidnapped in Libya”.

According to Hilal Abdelhamid, a Civil Factions Alliance coordinator from Asyut, the group of ten, all of whom come from the town of Sahel Selim in Asyut governorate, arrived in Tobruk by air on 5 December with valid residence visas.

A brother of one of the missing workers told Daily News Egypt that the group had taken a car from Tobruk heading westwards toward Zliten, and that he last heard from him on 25 December when he called to say that he had been detained by the police near Beni Walid. It was not explained why the group, if hading to Zliten would have gone to Bani Walid.

RELATED POSTS

Zliten hosts Libyan Tunisian business forum

Two Libyans and five expatriates detained for deliberately falsifying civil status data in Tobruk

Family members were instructed not to call him back at the same number or he might be “hurt”.

Abdelhamid has since written a letter to the Egyptian Ambassador to Libya, Mohamed Abu Bakr, asking for help from the ambassador and Egyptian Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukri in the search for the missing people. In the letter, the ambassador was informed that the detainees had been asked to pay LD 2,000 each for their release.

Over the past two weeks, 20 Egyptian Coptic Christians were been kidnapped in Sirte although 13 were later reported released.

According to the Egyptian Foreign Ministry, a “crisis cell”, made up of representatives from the various ministries and security apparatuses that have a stake in Libya, has come together to discuss the circumstances surrounding the both this incident and the kidnappings of the 20 Egyptian Christians.

The Foreign Ministry has issued repeated warnings to Egyptians traveling to Libya, while urging those who already reside there to find ways to leave. [/restrict]

Tags: Abdel Fattah Al-SisiBeni WalidCoptic ChristmasEgyptLibyaSameh ShoukriTobrukZliten

Related Posts

Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

May 18, 2026
In the year that Libya hopes to hold elections, decision declaring all previously registered NGOs void is now deemed binding
Libya

Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

May 18, 2026
Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Minister of Health inaugurates 13 Golden Clinic Complexes – bringing a radical transformation in accessible healthcare to citizens

May 16, 2026
Libya

Al-Ittihad Football Club fans demonstrating against a result of a football match set fire to Prime Minister Aldabaiba’s Office in Tripoli

May 15, 2026
Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council
Business

Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

May 15, 2026
Next Post

Further fighting between Zintanis and Zawians in west

Zawia home of HoR Deputy President set ablaze

Zawia home of HoR Deputy President set ablaze

Top Stories

  • Libyan Express and Italy’s 4 Airways to launch joint Libya-Europe air route ”soon”

    Libyan Express and Italy’s 4 Airways to launch joint Libya-Europe air route ”soon”

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

CBL Governor & Interior Minister discuss action plan to curb FX black-market, reduce smuggling across borders and imports outside banking system

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.