No Result
View All Result
Monday, February 16, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Claims and counter claims over Wattiya and Misrata

byMichel Cousins
January 10, 2015
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Libya Herald staff.

10 January 2015:

Claims by Libya Dawn to have shelled Wattiya airbase, the epicentre of LNA air operations in . . .[restrict]the west of the country, have been denied by Zintan Operations Room (ZOR) which controls the base. Libya Dawn (LD) forces, the Libya Herald was told by a ZOR official, were now more than 80 kilometres from the base. Moreover, the official claimed, Misratan forces had been withdrawn from the area to reinforce the Operation Sunrise bid to take over the oil ports in the east of the country and, as a result, LD forces in the west were short of weapons, manpower and equipment.

Zintani units, he alleged, were now just 10 kilometres from Zawia and again moving towards the Tunisian border.

They made a brief appearance there four weeks ago but were then forced to pull back.

RELATED POSTS

CBL reaches agreement with importers to urgently deliver 2.5 million boxes of cooking oil

Interior Ministry reports increased crime-fighting success despite lack of resources

Claims too from the Tripoli-offices of the Libyan news agency LANA that a helicopter from Wattiya had been involved in a “friendly fire” attack on Zintani forces and that LD forces making headway in the area were also denied by the Zintanis. “It’s just propaganda,” a Zintani source said. “They want to cheer themselves up.”

LNA sources, for their part, today said they had bombed a military store at Misrata airport (which serves as both a military and civil facility). This, however, has been denied by a reliable source in Misrata who said that there had been no air strikes anywhere near Misrata in the past 72 hours.

Yesterday, Colonel Ahmed Mismari, the spokesman for the Chief of Staff claimed that LNA planes had carried out strikes on a military camp at Misrata.

Claims and denials by both Libya Dawn and the LNA of attacks against each other continue unabated in a media war between the two that appears almost as important as the battle on the ground.

 

 

 

 

  [/restrict]

Related Posts

Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Interior Ministry reports increased crime-fighting success despite lack of resources

February 16, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba criticises corruption and mismanagement within health sector – calls on sector to reform itself in return for his support

February 16, 2026
NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme
Business

NESDB holds Istanbul meeting to advance Libya’s food security programmes

February 15, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

PM Aldabaiba launches ‘‘100-Day Strategy for Health Sector Reform’’ – inaugurates over 20 health facilities across the country

February 15, 2026
Libya’s western-based army opens enrolment
Libya

General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

February 14, 2026
Janzour militia clashes cause damage to Tripoli West power station
Libya

Calm returns to Janzour after overnight militia clashes

February 13, 2026
Next Post
Hassi regime mistakes Italian business delegation for Mayor of Rome and parliamentarians

Hassi regime mistakes Italian business delegation for Mayor of Rome and parliamentarians

Hassi minister calls terror suspect Libi a “hero”

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • MFZ signs strategic maritime MoU with the Egyptian company MAPSO to enhance capabilities in building and maintaining marine vessels

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Saif al-Islam Qaddafi buried in Bani Walid next to his brother – thousands attend funeral as supporters of former regime display old green flag

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tunisian Ministry of Transport announces studies for railway connection project with Libya and Algeria

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

CBL reaches agreement with importers to urgently deliver 2.5 million boxes of cooking oil

Interior Ministry reports increased crime-fighting success despite lack of resources

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.