No Result
View All Result
Saturday, February 21, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Criminal procedures against 21 expats and 3 citizens in south Libya in possession of 310,000 litres of petrol intended for smuggling

bySami Zaptia
April 7, 2023
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
Criminal procedures against 21 expats and 3 citizens in south Libya in possession of 310,000 litres of petrol intended for smuggling

The Attorney General initiates criminal proceedings against 21 expats and 3 citizens in south Libya in possession of 310,000 litres of petrol intended for smuggling (Photo: Attorney General).

The Attorney General’s Office reported yesterday that it has detained 24 people (21 expats and 3 citizens) in south Libya in possession of 310,000 litres of petrol ready to be smuggled out of the country.

The Attorney General’s Office said these latest arrests come within its wider and long-term efforts aimed at confronting the growing phenomenon of fuel smuggling.

The Attorney General’s Office explained that supervised elements of the Law Enforcement Administration Branch – Southern Region, with the support of a military force belonging to the 10th Infantry Battalion had been tasked with enforcing the Public Prosecution’s orders to monitor and track those involved in fuel smuggling activity.

These included limiting their workplaces and taking measures to close them down to reduce the repercussions of illegally distributing fuel.

As a result of these ongoing measures, the Attorney General’s Office reported that he judicial police accomplished the following actions:

RELATED POSTS

Attorney General’s Office confirm Saif al-Islam Qaddafi’s death – Initial examination of corpse confirm death caused by gunshots

Former Director General of LAICO LAP Sudan sentenced to six years imprisonment for attempting to seize public funds using forged official documents

  • Monitoring 33 makeshift fuel selling stations in the municipality of Sebha being supplied with fuel despite the lack of legitimacy of the activity.
  • 232 fuel selling stations in the municipality of Wadi Al Shati being supplied with fuel despite the lack of legitimacy of the activity.
  • 24 fuel selling stations in the municipality of Umm al-Aranib being supplied with fuel despite the lack of legitimacy of the activity.
  • 18 fuel selling stations in the municipality of Al-Gatroun being supplied with fuel despite the lack of legitimacy of the activity.

It is after the discovery and inspection of these fuel stores intended for smuggling that procedures were taken to arrest the 24 accused caught in possession of the 310,000 litres.

Tags: AG Attorney General PPO Public Prosecutors Officefuel smuggling

Related Posts

Mental health services in Libya almost non-existent – approximately one million people need mental health care: WHO 2020 report
Libya

WHO confirms elimination of trachoma as a public health problem in Libya – particularly notable given years of political instability and humanitarian challenges on health services

February 21, 2026
Aldabaiba attempts to solidify his position and continues to entrench rentier state with a spree of handouts
Libya

Aldabaiba refutes Italian media reports of another health setback – says he was having a routine checkup coinciding with a Milan visit

February 21, 2026
Libyan Ports fees increased by 235 percent to reflect dinar devaluation
Libya

Khoms Port receives five new Ferrari and Kone Crane 45-ton cranes

February 20, 2026
Malta to open Libya Consulate in weeks – visas, residency permits, flights, bank accounts, seized dinars discussed
Libya

Maltese Embassy participated in a mission in Libya in support of the Libyan National Centre for Emergencies and Disaster Management.

February 20, 2026
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

February 19, 2026
UNSMIL: Warring parties invited to begin negotiations on 29 September
Libya

No progress in Libya’s latest political Roadmap: UNSMIL head Tetteh

February 19, 2026
Next Post
High State Council and House of Representatives 6+6 election laws drafting committee hold first meeting in Tripoli

High State Council and House of Representatives 6+6 election laws drafting committee hold first meeting in Tripoli

UNSMIL: Warring parties invited to begin negotiations on 29 September

After historic Tripoli meeting, 5+5 JMC hold ‘‘significant’’ meeting in Benghazi

Top Stories

  • Aldabaiba attempts to solidify his position and continues to entrench rentier state with a spree of handouts

    Aldabaiba refutes Italian media reports of another health setback – says he was having a routine checkup coinciding with a Milan visit

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • No progress in Libya’s latest political Roadmap: UNSMIL head Tetteh

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

WHO confirms elimination of trachoma as a public health problem in Libya – particularly notable given years of political instability and humanitarian challenges on health services

Aldabaiba refutes Italian media reports of another health setback – says he was having a routine checkup coinciding with a Milan visit

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.