No Result
View All Result
Saturday, May 23, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Water supply slow to arrive in Tripoli due to protesting militias

bySami Zaptia
July 17, 2019
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
Water supply slow to arrive in Tripoli due to protesting militias

Water has been cut to Tripoli and the Western region due to protesting southern armed groups at exessively long power cuts to the south (Photo: Social Media).

By Sami Zaptia.

Water will be late arriving to Tripoli and the Western region due to militia protest at long power cuts to the south (Photo: Social Media).

London, 17 July 2019:

In an “important clarification” Libya’s Water Resources Authority said today that water will be slow in arriving to Tripoli and the whole Western region.

The announcement comes as the public express their extreme frustration as some areas in Tripoli have had no water for four days.

The announcement comes as a deep disappointment after it was first announced that water from the Eastern branch of the Man-Made River (MMR) had began to be pumped.

RELATED POSTS

Libya launches its 2026-2050 National Water Security Strategy

Man-made River Authority repairs 28 wells after electric shock puts all 34 operating water wells out of service

However, the MMR today revealed that only one pump out of five pumps in the Eastern waterwells are functioning due to the refusal of some of the “armed group” refusing to allow all the pumps to be operated.

The Water Authority said that if the situation continues as it is with only one pump, the arrival of water to the city of Tripoli will be delayed by four days or more.

It will be recalled that the pumping of water to Tripoli and the Western region only resumed on Sunday after being cut off last Friday.

The water had been cut off after the same armed militias, presumed from the south of Libya, entered the power station supplying the MMR and forced workers to divert power to the south of Libya – in protest at ridiculously long power cuts in the south.

The incident shows how state infrastructure supplying  water, electricity and oil continue pist the 2011 revolution to be used as means of protest for both genuine and political grievances.

Tags: armed groups militiasfeaturedMMR Man-Made RiverTripoliwater

Related Posts

Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Libya signs Health MoU with Morocco on the sidelines of the 79th World Health Assembly in Geneve

May 20, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Libya emphasises it is not destination for irregular migration, cannot become migrant resettlement zone: Rome Quadripartite Cooperation Committee

May 20, 2026
Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli
Business

Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli

May 19, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

May 18, 2026
In the year that Libya hopes to hold elections, decision declaring all previously registered NGOs void is now deemed binding
Libya

Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

May 18, 2026
Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Next Post

Power cuts reduce Libya's June oil revenues: NOC

RSF calls for Eastern Libya media ban on 11 TV channels to be lifted

RSF calls for Eastern Libya media ban on 11 TV channels to be lifted

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Suspect arrested in possession of over 400 currency debit cards destined for money laundering via UAE and Turkey

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • CBL to inject US$ 3 billion in May and another US$ 3.5 billion in June to meet accumulated demand and stabilise currency and commodity markets

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • First Phase projects in Benghazi’s Julyana district inaugurated – including five bridges

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Zueitina Oil Company’s Low-Pressure Gas Compressor Project at Field 103A resumes

Mellitah completes second heavy lifting operation at Bouri field – supporting its “zero flaring” goal

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.