No Result
View All Result
Friday, May 22, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Sharara field attacked: NOC

byMichel Cousins
November 7, 2017
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
Sharara field attacked: NOC

Meeting today at NOC between Sanalla and head of Akakus Oil (Photo: NOC)

By Hadi Fornaji.

Akakus Sharara

Tunis, 6 November 2017:

Staff at one of the stations in the Shahara oil field in southwest Libya were attacked last night, the National Oil Company (NOC) has reported. According to an NOC today statement today, several staff were assaulted at Concession NC 186. It did not explain the nature of the incident which did not affect production.

However, a Sharara official has told the Libya Herald that engineers on their way to NC 186 were attacked by gunmen. Nobody was injured, although the engineered were rough handled and two vehcles as well as mobiles were stolen.

RELATED POSTS

Top law firm joins new British Libyan Business Association

An academy with a difference in Tripoli

In April this year, there was a similar attack near the 186 concession where at least one vehicle and possessions were taken.

There was an emergency meeting today in Tripoli between NOC chairman Mustafa Sanalla and the head of Akakus Oil, Nuri Al-Saeed, to assess security at the field. The head of the 91st Battalion, now in charge of protecting the Sharara field, Colonel Omar Al-Qadi, whom Sanalla phoned during the meeting, is reported to have said that his forces did not have sufficient equipment and men to secure all the facilities in the area.

Production at the field has averaged around 300,000 barrels a day over the past month following a two-day enforced closure at the beginning of October. At the time, the NOC blamed it on Battalion No. 30 which was supposed to be defending it. It is not known if it was responsible for yesterday’s attack.

Akakus, which operated the field, is a joint venture between NOC and Spain’s Repsol.

Meeting today at NOC between Sanalla and head of Akakus Oil (Photo: NOC)
Meeting today at NOC between Sanalla and head of Akakus Oil (Photo: NOC)
Tags: akakusfeaturedLibyaSharara

Related Posts

Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Libya signs Health MoU with Morocco on the sidelines of the 79th World Health Assembly in Geneve

May 20, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Libya emphasises it is not destination for irregular migration, cannot become migrant resettlement zone: Rome Quadripartite Cooperation Committee

May 20, 2026
Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli
Business

Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli

May 19, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

May 18, 2026
In the year that Libya hopes to hold elections, decision declaring all previously registered NGOs void is now deemed binding
Libya

Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

May 18, 2026
Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Next Post

UNSMIL demands Rada release all Comic Con detainees

Hafter acquires Washington lobbyist

Hafter acquires Washington lobbyist

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Suspect arrested in possession of over 400 currency debit cards destined for money laundering via UAE and Turkey

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • First Phase projects in Benghazi’s Julyana district inaugurated – including five bridges

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Zueitina Oil Company’s Low-Pressure Gas Compressor Project at Field 103A resumes

Mellitah completes second heavy lifting operation at Bouri field – supporting its “zero flaring” goal

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.