No Result
View All Result
Sunday, September 17, 2023
28 °c
Tripoli
28 ° Mon
28 ° Tue
29 ° Wed
30 ° Thu
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
 
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

PC sends Petroleum Facilities Guards to take over Sidra and Ras Lanuf

byNigel Ash
April 6, 2017
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
PC sends Petroleum Facilities Guards to take over Sidra and Ras Lanuf

PFG chef Idris Bukhamada (File photo)

16
SHARES
69
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

By Moutaz Ali.

PFG chef Idris Bukhamada (File photo)
Petroleum Facilities Guard chief  Idris Bukhamada (File photo)

Tripoli, 7 March 2017:

The Presidency Council moved quickly to send Petroleum Facilities Guards to take over the Sidra and Ras Lanuf oil export terminals from the victorious Benghazi Defence Brigades.

The step seems designed to head off any claim on the oil ports by Khalifa Ghwell and his resurrected National Salvation Government. Ghwell along with Sheikh Sadek Ghariani the controversial head of Tripoli’s Dar Al-Ifta has very publicly backed the BDB and its leader Mustafa Sharksi.

Idris Bukhamada, appointed by the PC last month as the new PFG commander, arrived in Ras Lanuf today and declared the two terminals under PC and Government of National Accord control.

RELATED POSTS

Total Energies completes seven football pitches in Waha region as part of its CSR programme

Top law firm joins new British Libyan Business Association

Bukhamada said that his PFG had no political affiliation and no role in any fighting. He insisted “Our mission is only to secure the work of the National Oil Corporation”.  He said his men would protect the NOC and its local and international partners to ensure the continuity of oil production and exports.

Sharksi had said at his Misrata press conference yesterday that he would not continue his promised advance toward Benghazi until the terminals had been secured.  On the face of it, with the arrival of Bukhamada’s PFG, albeit in unknown strength, the BDB is now free to continue its offensive.

Bukhamada was originally appointed PFG commander by Ali Zeidan in 2013. But he was ousted  in 2014  as part of a deal with rebel PFG commander Ibrahim Jadhran who had seized the four Oil Crescent terminals.

Bukhamada is close to GNA defence minister Colonel Mahdi Al-Bargathi, who is reliably reported to have sent an infantry brigade to fight alongside the BDB ar Sidra and Ras Lanuf.  Yet when the fighting began on Friday, PC head Faiez Serraj insisted that his government had nothing to do with the attack.

 
Tags: BDBfeaturedIdris BukhamadaLibyaLNAMustafa SharksiPCPFGRas LanufSidra
Share6Tweet4Share1

Related Posts

UN lunches US$ 71 million Libya floods appeal, WHO and Red Cross advise against mass burials
Libya

UN lunches US$ 71 million Libya floods appeal, WHO and Red Cross advise against mass burials

September 15, 2023
Latest UN satellite imagery shows extent of Storm Daniel destruction in Derna
Libya

Latest UN satellite imagery shows extent of Storm Daniel destruction in Derna

September 15, 2023
Tripoli and Hafter’s army working side-by-side – A roundup of the eastern rescue effort
Libya

Tripoli and Hafter’s army working side-by-side – A roundup of the eastern rescue effort

September 14, 2023
23 flights of international aid from 12 states arrive in Libya within 24 hours – government asks UN to coordinate effort
Libya

23 flights of international aid from 12 states arrive in Libya within 24 hours – government asks UN to coordinate effort

September 14, 2023
More than 5,300 dead and 10,000 missing in Derna disaster
Libya

More than 5,300 dead and 10,000 missing in Derna disaster

September 13, 2023
More than 2,000 dead and thousands missing after Storm Daniel hit eastern Libya
Libya

More than 2,000 dead and thousands missing after Storm Daniel hit eastern Libya

September 12, 2023
Next Post
LNA said to have 5,000 troops at Brega while Hafter pays Cairo flying visit

LNA said to have 5,000 troops at Brega while Hafter pays Cairo flying visit

Aman Bank head office set ablaze after guard kills customer

Aman Bank head office set ablaze after guard kills customer

 

Advertise on LibyaHerald

Reach thousands of our site visitors daily

240 x 400px

Advertise Here
ADVERTISEMENT

Top Stories

  • More than 5,300 dead and 10,000 missing in Derna disaster

    More than 5,300 dead and 10,000 missing in Derna disaster

    294 shares
    Share 130 Tweet 69
  • Libya hit by storm Daniel with eastern region suffering worse damage

    272 shares
    Share 123 Tweet 62
  • More than 2,000 dead and thousands missing after Storm Daniel hit eastern Libya

    190 shares
    Share 87 Tweet 43
  • 23 flights of international aid from 12 states arrive in Libya within 24 hours – government asks UN to coordinate effort

    157 shares
    Share 63 Tweet 39
  • Tripoli and Hafter’s army working side-by-side – A roundup of the eastern rescue effort

    143 shares
    Share 57 Tweet 36
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

UN lunches US$ 71 million Libya floods appeal, WHO and Red Cross advise against mass burials

Latest UN satellite imagery shows extent of Storm Daniel destruction in Derna

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Cart
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Sign In with Facebook
    Sign In with Linked In
    OR

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Sign Up with Facebook
    Sign Up with Linked In
    OR

    Fill the forms bellow to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.
    Are you sure want to unlock this post?
    Unlock left : 0
    Are you sure want to cancel subscription?