No Result
View All Result
Thursday, February 19, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

PC sends Petroleum Facilities Guards to take over Sidra and Ras Lanuf

byNigel Ash
April 6, 2017
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
PC sends Petroleum Facilities Guards to take over Sidra and Ras Lanuf

PFG chef Idris Bukhamada (File photo)

By Moutaz Ali.

PFG chef Idris Bukhamada (File photo)
Petroleum Facilities Guard chief  Idris Bukhamada (File photo)

Tripoli, 7 March 2017:

The Presidency Council moved quickly to send Petroleum Facilities Guards to take over the Sidra and Ras Lanuf oil export terminals from the victorious Benghazi Defence Brigades.

The step seems designed to head off any claim on the oil ports by Khalifa Ghwell and his resurrected National Salvation Government. Ghwell along with Sheikh Sadek Ghariani the controversial head of Tripoli’s Dar Al-Ifta has very publicly backed the BDB and its leader Mustafa Sharksi.

Idris Bukhamada, appointed by the PC last month as the new PFG commander, arrived in Ras Lanuf today and declared the two terminals under PC and Government of National Accord control.

RELATED POSTS

Ras Lanuf successfully restarts second polyethylene production‎ line – after a 12-year stoppage

Ras Lanuf signs contract with Slovakian Hydromtazah for maintenance of concrete foundations and steel structures at seawater outlet

Bukhamada said that his PFG had no political affiliation and no role in any fighting. He insisted “Our mission is only to secure the work of the National Oil Corporation”.  He said his men would protect the NOC and its local and international partners to ensure the continuity of oil production and exports.

Sharksi had said at his Misrata press conference yesterday that he would not continue his promised advance toward Benghazi until the terminals had been secured.  On the face of it, with the arrival of Bukhamada’s PFG, albeit in unknown strength, the BDB is now free to continue its offensive.

Bukhamada was originally appointed PFG commander by Ali Zeidan in 2013. But he was ousted  in 2014  as part of a deal with rebel PFG commander Ibrahim Jadhran who had seized the four Oil Crescent terminals.

Bukhamada is close to GNA defence minister Colonel Mahdi Al-Bargathi, who is reliably reported to have sent an infantry brigade to fight alongside the BDB ar Sidra and Ras Lanuf.  Yet when the fighting began on Friday, PC head Faiez Serraj insisted that his government had nothing to do with the attack.

Tags: BDBfeaturedIdris BukhamadaLibyaLNAMustafa SharksiPCPFGRas LanufSidra

Related Posts

Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

February 19, 2026
UNSMIL: Warring parties invited to begin negotiations on 29 September
Libya

No progress in Libya’s latest political Roadmap: UNSMIL head Tetteh

February 19, 2026
Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech
Libya

After the revolution, Libya needs a state of institutions, the rule of law and a unified professional army: Undersecretary of Defence Zoubi

February 19, 2026
Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech
Libya

Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech

February 19, 2026
Libyan Ports fees increased by 235 percent to reflect dinar devaluation
Libya

Tripoli Port receives Kone Crane-type grab from Turkish branch of Portunus

February 18, 2026
Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Interior Ministry reports increased crime-fighting success despite lack of resources

February 16, 2026
Next Post
LNA said to have 5,000 troops at Brega while Hafter pays Cairo flying visit

LNA said to have 5,000 troops at Brega while Hafter pays Cairo flying visit

Aman Bank head office set ablaze after guard kills customer

Aman Bank head office set ablaze after guard kills customer

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tunisian Ministry of Transport announces studies for railway connection project with Libya and Algeria

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • National Development Agency signs partnership agreement with Signify Philips to enhance lighting projects in Libya

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

Misrata Chamber to hold workshop on “Advance Consignment Information (ACI)’’ imported cargo tracking and registration system adopted by Libya

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.