No Result
View All Result
Saturday, November 29, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Sanalla promises exports to resume “immediately” at Zueitina, promises oil production can rise to 600,000 b/d within a month

byMichel Cousins
September 14, 2016
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
Sanalla promises exports to resume “immediately” at Zueitina, promises oil production can rise to 600,000 b/d within a month

Sanalla (left) in Zueitina with LNA (Photo: LANA)

By Moutaz Mathi.

Sanalla (left) in Zueitina with LNA (Photo: LANA)
Sanalla (left) in Zueitina with LNA (Photo: LANA)

Tripoli, 14 September 2016:

Exports from Zueitina oil terminal are to recommence “immediately”, Mustafa Sanalla, the chairman of the reunited National Oil Corporation (NOC) said today, announcing plans to lift force majeure at the port. It will, however, take a little longer at Ras Lanuf and Sidra because of repair work needed at both places, he said.

He was speaking in Zueitina which he was visiting to assess the situation at the three oil terminals. They were taken at the beginning of the week by the Libyan National Army led by General Khalifa Hafter from the Petroleum Facilities Guard loyal to Ibrahim Jahdran.

In a statement last night that technical teams had already started assessing what needed to be done to lift force majeure and restart exports, Sanalla predicted that production could be raised from around 290,000 b/d at present to 600,000 b/d within four weeks and to 950,000 b/d by the end of the year.

RELATED POSTS

Ras Lanuf successfully restarts second polyethylene production‎ line – after a 12-year stoppage

Ras Lanuf signs contract with Slovakian Hydromtazah for maintenance of concrete foundations and steel structures at seawater outlet

“However, this is dependent on receiving essential funds from the budget and on the Oil Crescent ports and the closed pipelines in the southwest being opened and kept open,” he said.

“We welcome statements from the Libyan National Army allied with House of Representatives (HoR) and the president of the HoR, Ageela Saleh, that the ports should be placed under NOC’s control,” he also added.

Last month, the NOC started shipping 620,000 barrels of oil from the storage tanks in Zueitina to Zawia for protection after fears that there would be fighting there between the LNA and PFG.

The move was made with the approval of the HoR and the LNA both of which have said since Sunday’s takeover that the terminals would be handed over to the reunited NOC.

Reinforcing relations with the LNA in Zueitina this morning, Sanallah met with its military commander responsible for the area, Colonel Muftah Shagloof as well as with the LNA appointed commander of central region PFG Colonel Muftah Al-Maghref.

In last night’s statement, Sanalla said that he hoped the reopening of the terminals marked “the beginning of a new phase of cooperation and coexistence between Libya’s factions, as well as an end to the use of the blockade as a political tactic”.

Libyans, he said, had “a common interest in keeping our oil flowing. By raising oil production and exports we can reduce our budget deficit and pay for vital services.”

 He also pointed out that under the NOC unity deal in July, ‎it recognised the Presidency Council as the highest executive authority and the House of Representatives as the highest legislative authority.

Tags: featuredLibyaNOCRas LanufZueitina

Related Posts

Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Detention of a former chairman of Libya Telecom & Technology Company for LD 20 million misappropriation

November 28, 2025
“Beaches and marine life: Between investment and environmental conservation. Towards more sustainable eco-tourism” debate held in Tripoli
Libya

Tourism Minister affirms full support for Second Fesania Desert Rally scheduled to begin on 1 January in Wadi al-Hayat

November 28, 2025
Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Security plan within Tripoli has resulted in the resolution of several cases: Interior Minister Trabelsi

November 27, 2025
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Detention ordered of Director General and Director of Finance of Libyan Post, Telecoms and Information Technology Holding Co. for fund mismanagement

November 27, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba holds meeting with Interior Minister Trabelsi and Undersecretary of Defence Zoubi to follow up on ‎‎security and military developments

November 27, 2025
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Former Director of Long-Term Investment Portfolio’s Housing Company for Tourism and Hotel Investments to be detained for misappropriation of US$ 15 million

November 26, 2025
Next Post
Libya’s oldest woman dies “aged 122”

Libya's oldest woman dies "aged 122"

Efforts to fund completion of Misrata Central Hospital underway

Efforts to fund completion of Misrata Central Hospital underway

libyaherald-Ads

Top Stories

  • NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme

    ‘‘Serious interest from American companies in returning to the Libyan market confirms their confidence in the path of reform and stability’’

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • A high-level Libyan delegation and U.S. officials from Congress, the administration, and think tanks hold roundtable discussion in DC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tripoli Libyan government delegation holds extensive meeting in DC with several major American companies ‘‘reflecting renewed American interest in Libyan market’’

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tripoli government delegation meets Eric Meyer, Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for the Middle East and Africa, to discuss economic and financial cooperation

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Seventy percent of waste is recyclable and can earn money – councils must work with the private sector to solve their recycling problems

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Benghazi Security Directorate warns against charging any commission on e-payments

Libya needs over one million housing units over next 10 years costing over 200 billion dinars

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.