No Result
View All Result
Saturday, November 29, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Rada release confessions video of IS terror operators

bySami Zaptia
December 16, 2015
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Sami Zaptia.

The Rada brigade releases a video of confessions of alleged IS members admitting to carrying out terror acts in Tripoli.
The Rada brigade releases a video of confessions of alleged IS members admitting to carrying out terror acts in Tripoli.

Tunis, 16 December 2015:

The Rada brigade or Special Deterrent Force (SDF) has released a video broadast on Libyan TV channels . . .[restrict]last night showing five IS suspects confessing to carrying out seven major terror operations in Tripoli.

The video comes on the back of an another video released earlier this month in which an arrested IS member reveals details of IS movements and activities in Libya.

The slick video and the Facebook page of the Rada brigade underscores the need and importance of media output in today’s age by both the alleged terror groups and their foes such as Rada.

RELATED POSTS

HSC welcomes peaceful resolution of Tripoli government-SDF / RADA standoff over Mitiga airport and prison control

444th Brigade and Military Intelligence head Mahmoud Hamza’s narrative of the SDF / RADA Tripoli clash

The 42-minute video entitled ‘‘Execution Orders’’ shows five alleged IS members apparently confessing in great detail to their recruitment, loyalty oath, surveillance and execution operations in Tripoli.

The confessors admitted to carrying out the terror operations at the Egyptian, UAE and Algerian embassies as well as to the Corinthia hotel, the UN mission, the Tripoli Security Directorate and the Diplomatic Police HQ attack.

Rada said that it arrested the group after a long intelligence and surveillance operation in Tripoli during which they followed and gathered information on the group members.

The five suspects are all Libyan except for one dual Algerian national and a Tunisian national. They were variously converted and swore an oat of allegiance in Syria, Sirte and Derna. Their orders to attack and the choice of targets all came from Sirte they claimed.

They revealed how they bought their cars from Busleem car market and how they used an empty plot of land in the Salah al Deen / Ain Zara area as their base. They also said they bought their mobile SIM cards from the Madar road in Tripoli, using a SIM card only once before disposing of it.

They also revealed how they would prepare their 6 kg explosives in bags and how they would carry out surveillance on their target before executing an operation.

The Rada video showed CCTV footage showing how the group were carrying out surveillance of the Algerian embassy before parking next to it, calmly getting out of the car and placing the explosive bag next to the embassy before driving off. After a while, they phone through their mobile to detonate the explosive.

They explained that the explosions were not meant to kill or destroy as opposed to catch media headlines and for this reason there is usually a separate car tasked with filming their operations.

The slick video production was also a partial marketing tool for Rada brigade which is nominally under government control and part of the Ministry of Interior, but operates with much autonomy under its leader Abdel Rauf Kara. [/restrict]

Tags: Abdel Rauf KaraISRada SDF Special Deterrent Force

Related Posts

Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Detention of a former chairman of Libya Telecom & Technology Company for LD 20 million misappropriation

November 28, 2025
“Beaches and marine life: Between investment and environmental conservation. Towards more sustainable eco-tourism” debate held in Tripoli
Libya

Tourism Minister affirms full support for Second Fesania Desert Rally scheduled to begin on 1 January in Wadi al-Hayat

November 28, 2025
Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Security plan within Tripoli has resulted in the resolution of several cases: Interior Minister Trabelsi

November 27, 2025
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Detention ordered of Director General and Director of Finance of Libyan Post, Telecoms and Information Technology Holding Co. for fund mismanagement

November 27, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba holds meeting with Interior Minister Trabelsi and Undersecretary of Defence Zoubi to follow up on ‎‎security and military developments

November 27, 2025
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Former Director of Long-Term Investment Portfolio’s Housing Company for Tourism and Hotel Investments to be detained for misappropriation of US$ 15 million

November 26, 2025
Next Post

Surman children kidnapping: a family insight

Op-Ed: The Art of Avoiding Dialogue

libyaherald-Ads

Top Stories

  • NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme

    ‘‘Serious interest from American companies in returning to the Libyan market confirms their confidence in the path of reform and stability’’

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • A high-level Libyan delegation and U.S. officials from Congress, the administration, and think tanks hold roundtable discussion in DC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tripoli Libyan government delegation holds extensive meeting in DC with several major American companies ‘‘reflecting renewed American interest in Libyan market’’

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tripoli government delegation meets Eric Meyer, Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for the Middle East and Africa, to discuss economic and financial cooperation

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Sirte Free Zone offers 70% reduction in duties for all goods through its port for two years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Detention of a former chairman of Libya Telecom & Technology Company for LD 20 million misappropriation

Tourism Minister affirms full support for Second Fesania Desert Rally scheduled to begin on 1 January in Wadi al-Hayat

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.