No Result
View All Result
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Online protest as Qatar gives Libyan Red Crescent $10 million

byNigel Ash
July 11, 2015
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
Online protest as Qatar gives Libyan Red Crescent $10 million

Qatar Development Fund chief Khalifa Jassim al-Kuwari and local Red Crescent Secretary General Saleh Ali al-Muhanadi sign the Libyan deal

By Libya Herald reporters.

Qatar Development Fund chief Khalifa Jassim al-Kuwari and local Red Crescent Secretary General Saleh Ali al-Muhanadi sign the Libyan deal
Qatar Development Fund chief Khalifa Jassim al-Kuwari and local Red Crescent Secretary General Saleh Ali al-Muhanadi sign the Libyan deal (Photo: QDF)

Tripoli, 10 July 2015:

A social media campaign has been launched urging the rejection of a multimillion Qatari gift . . .[restrict]to support Libyan Red Crescent efforts to aid families who have fled the fighting to other places in the country.

The online campaign, which has yet to gather significant support, is against Qatar’s decision to give $10 million dollars to the LRC relief programme. The protestors blame the Gulf emirate for what they say is its support for Libya Dawn and the antigovernment in Tripoli.

The money is being given by the Qatar Development Fund to the Qatar Red Crescent which in turn is supposed to be passing it on to its Libyan counterpart.  The Funds’s chief, Khalifa Jassim Al-Kuwari, told local media in Qatar that the humanitarian aid was to be targeted to the health and food sectors.

RELATED POSTS

Jordanian and Qatar Airways to resume Libya flights this month – discussions ongoing with Saudi Airlines

Oil Minister Aoun holds meetings with Qatari and Algerian Ministers of Energy

He said that the LRC had agreed a strategy with the Qatari Red Crescent on distributing the aid.

The social media campaign appears to be working on the basis that all the funding will be channelled to areas controlled by Libya Dawn.

It has not been possible however to contact the LRC in either Tripoli or Beida to confirm that the programme will be applied across the whole country and how it will work .

 

LCDF support banner

  [/restrict]

Tags: $10 millionfeaturedLibyaLibyan Red CrescentQatarsocial media campaign

Related Posts

Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

May 18, 2026
In the year that Libya hopes to hold elections, decision declaring all previously registered NGOs void is now deemed binding
Libya

Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

May 18, 2026
Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Minister of Health inaugurates 13 Golden Clinic Complexes – bringing a radical transformation in accessible healthcare to citizens

May 16, 2026
Libya

Al-Ittihad Football Club fans demonstrating against a result of a football match set fire to Prime Minister Aldabaiba’s Office in Tripoli

May 15, 2026
Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council
Business

Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

May 15, 2026
Next Post
Benghazi Red Crescent succours refugees

Benghazi Red Crescent succours refugees

Army broadens Benghazi counterattack as another Ansar supply vessel “struck”

Army broadens Benghazi counterattack as another Ansar supply vessel "struck"

Top Stories

  • Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June

    Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Al-Ittihad Football Club fans demonstrating against a result of a football match set fire to Prime Minister Aldabaiba’s Office in Tripoli

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Bosnia Herzegovina engineering company Energoinvest signs € 2.71 million contract with Libyan Iron and Steel Co to construct a power station

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.