No Result
View All Result
Sunday, November 30, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

30 dead and 270 wounded from Libya Dawn’s forces in attack on oil ports

byNewsdesk1
December 17, 2014
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Libya Herald staff.

Tripoli, 17 December 2014:

As of Wednesday morning, it was reported that nearly 30 members of Libya Dawn forces . . .[restrict]had been killed and 270 wounded since the beginning of its “Operation Sunrise” attack on Libya’s “Oil Crescent”, where the main oil ports are located.

The operation was launched last Friday by Libya Dawn for control of the oil facilities and ports located in eastern Libya.

According to a source from within the the Libyan National Army (LNA) which is loyal to the Thinni government and the House of Representatives, the air force (LAF) bombed a convoy of armed vehicles east of Sirte heading toward Bin Jawad, destroying most of them. The source added that the LAF had also bombed the “Operation Sunrise” operations room, causing a severe breakdown in communication between the different Libya Dawn units.

RELATED POSTS

National Development Agency signs two strategic agreements with UAE’s Global Builders for Sirte projects

Egyptian dredger arrives in Sirte – starts dredging work in various marine projects

The Petroleum Facility Guards (PFG), led by federalist Ibrahim Jadhran, had also reinforced the Oil Crescent region with heavy weapons, backed by the Libyan Army, the source claimed.

This is the first time that Jadhran has relied upon the backing of national forces since retired general Khalifa Hafter started his campaign in Benghazi, revealing the gravity of situation for the eastern oil ports.

Operation Sunrise spokesman Ismail Ashukri has said that the operation’s sole task was to wrest the ports from the control of Jadhran and the PFG who, according to Ashukri, are “terrorists” who have turned the oil ports into military bases and warehouses for weapons.

Operation Sunrise was set up under a decision by GNC president Nuri Abu Sahmain in his self-declared role as Commander-in-Chief on 30 November assigning an armed force to protect and secure the oil export terminals in the east of the country, Ashukri said. It had one task: to secure oil facilities in the east and return them back to the control of the Tripoli-based administration. As soon as this was achieved, the operation would cease. [/restrict]

Tags: Ibrahim JadhranLibyaLibya DawnOperation SunrisePFGSirte

Related Posts

Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Detention of a former chairman of Libya Telecom & Technology Company for LD 20 million misappropriation

November 28, 2025
“Beaches and marine life: Between investment and environmental conservation. Towards more sustainable eco-tourism” debate held in Tripoli
Libya

Tourism Minister affirms full support for Second Fesania Desert Rally scheduled to begin on 1 January in Wadi al-Hayat

November 28, 2025
Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Security plan within Tripoli has resulted in the resolution of several cases: Interior Minister Trabelsi

November 27, 2025
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Detention ordered of Director General and Director of Finance of Libyan Post, Telecoms and Information Technology Holding Co. for fund mismanagement

November 27, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba holds meeting with Interior Minister Trabelsi and Undersecretary of Defence Zoubi to follow up on ‎‎security and military developments

November 27, 2025
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Former Director of Long-Term Investment Portfolio’s Housing Company for Tourism and Hotel Investments to be detained for misappropriation of US$ 15 million

November 26, 2025
Next Post
Former Chief of Staff Obeidi Announces Establishment of Joint Operations Room

Former Chief of Staff Obeidi Announces Establishment of Joint Operations Room

29 former GNC members warn UN of “failing” democracy: Correction

libyaherald-Ads

Top Stories

  • NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme

    ‘‘Serious interest from American companies in returning to the Libyan market confirms their confidence in the path of reform and stability’’

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Seventy percent of waste is recyclable and can earn money – councils must work with the private sector to solve their recycling problems

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Security plan within Tripoli has resulted in the resolution of several cases: Interior Minister Trabelsi

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Public Prosecutor’s Office initiates legal proceedings against members of criminal gang involved in organizing illegal migration by sea

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NOC chairman participates in expanded meeting on new fuel import mechanism through tender

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Benghazi Security Directorate warns against charging any commission on e-payments

Libya needs over one million housing units over next 10 years costing over 200 billion dinars

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.