No Result
View All Result
Friday, February 20, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Libyan school officials in Egypt petition to reopen schools after government shut-down

byNewsdesk1
November 13, 2014
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Moutaz Ali.

rp_17-february-school-300x400.jpg
17 February School of the Martyrs, Cairo-Madiniat Nasr campus (Photo: 17 February Schools of the Martyrs)

Cairo, 13 November 2014:

The administration for the 17 February Schools of the Martyrs in Egypt is attempting to reopen its . . .[restrict]schools shut-down by the Egyptian authorities a week ago and which has left nearly 2,000 children without schooling.

According to the Head of School at the Cairo-Madinat Nasr campus, Khaled Sakran, the administration has filed an appeal with the Egyptian Ministry of Education and expects a decision by the end of the day on Thursday.

Should the appeal be denied, the schools plan to take another course of action.

RELATED POSTS

Attorney General orders detention of Acting Education Minister Al-Abed over printing contracts and late delivery of school textbooks

Libya’s Ministry of Education has 600,000 employees, but only 180,000 actually teach – Huge corruption in the printing of the schoolbook

“Libyan Minister of Education Fathi Al-Majbri is scheduled to arrive in Cairo on Friday for talks with officials in the Egyptian Ministry of Education to ensure that the schools will be able to resume operations next week,” Sakran said.

Problems started for the schools last week when the Egyptian satellite channel, Al-Mahour, claimed that there was evidence of immoral behaviour between male and female students at the schools, as well as the harbouring of terrorists within school walls. The station also accused Sakran of having ties to the Muslim Brotherhood.

This came as one of the school’s primary investors filed a complaint against the schools with the Egyptian police, also alleging a connection between Sakran and the Muslim Brotherhood, as well as claiming to have evidence of terrorist activities on campus.

“We understand the concern of the Egyptian authorities regarding these horrible accusations that have come from one of our own partners. Though the accusations were false, we realise that their decision to shut down the schools was a very difficult one,” Shakran said.

Regarding his alleged ties to the Muslim Brotherhood, Shakran was confused and amused.

“I am only a businessman with no political leanings, however, as a human being, I hate the Muslim Brotherhood.”

Sakran believes that neither the Egyptian nor the Libyan governments would deprive 1,985 Libyan pupils of nearly a full academic year of learning. [/restrict]

Tags: EgyptLibyaministry of educationMuslim Brotherhoodterrorism

Related Posts

Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

February 19, 2026
UNSMIL: Warring parties invited to begin negotiations on 29 September
Libya

No progress in Libya’s latest political Roadmap: UNSMIL head Tetteh

February 19, 2026
Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech
Libya

After the revolution, Libya needs a state of institutions, the rule of law and a unified professional army: Undersecretary of Defence Zoubi

February 19, 2026
Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech
Libya

Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech

February 19, 2026
Libyan Ports fees increased by 235 percent to reflect dinar devaluation
Business

Tripoli Port receives Kone Crane-type grab from Turkish branch of Portunus

February 19, 2026
Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Interior Ministry reports increased crime-fighting success despite lack of resources

February 16, 2026
Next Post

ICC Special Prosecutor briefs UN Security Council on Libya

Armed thieves grab fire-fighting vehicle at AGOCO storage facility in Benghazi

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tunisian Ministry of Transport announces studies for railway connection project with Libya and Algeria

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

Misrata Chamber to hold workshop on “Advance Consignment Information (ACI)’’ imported cargo tracking and registration system adopted by Libya

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.