No Result
View All Result
Thursday, May 21, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Over 250 Egyptians out of work as Libyan schools in Egypt close

byNewsdesk1
November 12, 2014
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
Over 250 Egyptians out of work as Libyan schools in Egypt close

By Libya Herald staff.

17 february school
17 February School of the Martyrs, Madinat Nasr Campus, where some 1,100 students passed through its doors each day (Photo: 17 February Schools of the Martyrs)

Cairo, 11 November 2014:

The closure of the four Libyan 17 February Schools of the Martyrs last Thursday . . .[restrict]has not only affected over the 1,900 Libyan pupils and their families, but has also put some 250 Egyptians out of work.

“Ninety percent of the faculty and staff employed at our four locations are Egyptian. That’s around 250 people,”   Khaled Shakran, Head of School at the Cairo-Madinat Nasr campus told the Libya Herald.

According to Shakran, the school’s administration is hopeful that it will be able to work out a solution with the government.

RELATED POSTS

Libyan Railroads signs MoU with Chinese BFI Consortium for rail line to Egypt

23 flights of international aid from 12 states arrive in Libya within 24 hours – government asks UN to coordinate effort

“We filed a report with the Egyptian Ministry of Education on Saturday and are waiting for their response. Our two governments have an existing educational agreement and we are confident that we will be able to work something out,” said Shakran.

When asked if he thought that the schools would be able to reopen soon, the Head of School was optimistic.

“We are all keeping our fingers crossed that we will be able to receive students again on Saturday. If not, our students will have nowhere else to go and hundreds of staff will be unemployed,” Shakran explained.

The 17 February Schools of the Martyrs, established in Egypt nine years ago, is privately-owned by a group of Libyan investors who are reportedly passionate about the education of Libyan youth. The majority of the students receives stipends from the Libyan government to cover the cost of the tuition. [/restrict]

Tags: 17 February SchoolsEgyptLibya

Related Posts

Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Libya signs Health MoU with Morocco on the sidelines of the 79th World Health Assembly in Geneve

May 20, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Libya emphasises it is not destination for irregular migration, cannot become migrant resettlement zone: Rome Quadripartite Cooperation Committee

May 20, 2026
Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli
Business

Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli

May 19, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

May 18, 2026
In the year that Libya hopes to hold elections, decision declaring all previously registered NGOs void is now deemed binding
Libya

Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

May 18, 2026
Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Next Post
UN envoy Bernardino Leon meets Nuri Abu Sahmain in Tripoli

UN envoy Bernardino Leon meets Nuri Abu Sahmain in Tripoli

Zliten court postpones ruling in case against former Qaddafi soldiers

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Airports Authority and Civil Aviation Authority review visual presentation by Spanish company Indra on Modern Aviation Technologies

Turkish institutions ready to contribute to implementation of joint Libyan marine sector projects: Turkish Ambassador Güven Beginç

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.