No Result
View All Result
Thursday, February 19, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Fighting in Jebel Nafusa prevents Saif video link appearance in Tripoli court

byMichel Cousins
November 4, 2014
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Libya Herald staff.

4 November 2014:

Saif Al-Islam Qaddafi was absent from this week’s court hearing of former regime  officials as fighting . . .[restrict]in the Jebel Nafusa (Western Mountains) region prevented the usual video link from being set up, judiciary officials said.

“Because of the security situation in the area around Zintan, the workers who were supposed to operate the video link couldn’t get to Zintan, so it was both a technical problem and a security problem,” head of the investigation department of the General Attorney’s office Sadiq Al-Sour told the Libya Herald.

He was adamant that Saif Al-Islam was alive and well and still in Zintan, despite the ongoing fighting in the region. “If anything had happened to him we would know because we are in touch with the court officials in Zintan,” he said. “There is no doubt that he is still alive.”

RELATED POSTS

Saif al-Islam Qaddafi buried in Bani Walid next to his brother – thousands attend funeral as supporters of former regime display old green flag

Attorney General’s Office confirm Saif al-Islam Qaddafi’s death – Initial examination of corpse confirm death caused by gunshots

Saif Al-Islam was the only one absent from the Sunday hearing, he said, with 31 prisoners involved in total, eight of whom appeared via video link from a prison in Misrata. The Tripoli-based prisoners included Qaddafi’s former intelligence chief Abdullah Senussi.

Qaddafi’s former prime minister and intelligence chief Abuzied Dorda’s lawyer was one of several who pointed out that not all the witnesses for the defence were present. Dorda’s lawyer said that this meant he had been unable to fully prepare the case for the defence.

Six defence witnesses did appear, Sour said, and all left the court safely afterwards.

A number of defence lawyers did not turn up for the hearing, including that of Qaddafi’s personal security chief Mansour Dhau Ibrahim. Sour said the court imposed fined on all the lawyers concerned.

The security for the court and members of the judiciary was exactly the same as before the summer takeover of Tripoli, Sour said, adding that a number of journalists attended the hearing, including four TV channels.

The hearing was adjourned until 16 November. [/restrict]

Tags: LibyaSaif Al-Islam QaddafiZintan

Related Posts

Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

February 19, 2026
UNSMIL: Warring parties invited to begin negotiations on 29 September
Libya

No progress in Libya’s latest political Roadmap: UNSMIL head Tetteh

February 19, 2026
Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech
Libya

After the revolution, Libya needs a state of institutions, the rule of law and a unified professional army: Undersecretary of Defence Zoubi

February 19, 2026
Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech
Libya

Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech

February 19, 2026
Libyan Ports fees increased by 235 percent to reflect dinar devaluation
Business

Tripoli Port receives Kone Crane-type grab from Turkish branch of Portunus

February 19, 2026
Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Interior Ministry reports increased crime-fighting success despite lack of resources

February 16, 2026
Next Post

Red Crescent sends relief aid to Kikla as fighting continues in Warshefana area

Hawari Hospital denies four missing staff are dead

Hawari Hospital denies four missing staff are dead

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tunisian Ministry of Transport announces studies for railway connection project with Libya and Algeria

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Ministry of Industry exploring establishing two-million-ton annual capacity “environmentally friendly” cement plant with China’s Goodwill Ceramic

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

Misrata Chamber to hold workshop on “Advance Consignment Information (ACI)’’ imported cargo tracking and registration system adopted by Libya

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.