No Result
View All Result
Friday, May 22, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Egyptian and UAE embassies in Tripoli car-bombed

byMichel Cousins
November 13, 2014
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
Egyptian and UAE embassies in Tripoli car-bombed

The UAE embassy today (Photo: Social media)

By Salam Ali and Ajnadin Mustafa.

The UAE embassy today (Photo: Social media)
The UAE embassy today (Photo: Social media)

Tripoli, 13 November 2014:

The Egyptian and UAE embassies in Tripoli have been damaged in bomb attacks very . . .[restrict]early this morning. Car bombs exploded at much the same time outside the walls of the Egyptian embassy on the Corniche, a stone’s throw from the Italian embassy and the Waddan Hotel, and outside the UAE’s premises in Siyahiya in west Tripoli. No one was hurt in either attack because of the timing and also because both embassies are closed.

The explosions follow those yesterday in Tobruk, Beida and Benghazi in which five people were killed.

It is not known who was responsible for any of the attacks – yesterday’s or today’s – but Libyan military analyst Mohamed Al-Naas, speaking on An-Nabaa TV last night, said that yesterday’s attacks were the work of “revolutionaries” opposed to Hafter. Said to be a supporter of Libya Dawn, Naas said they had the right to do so.

RELATED POSTS

Aldabaiba opens First Phase of Tripoli’s Third Ring Road

New China-UAE-Benghazi Julyana Free Port shipping line inaugurated

Both Egypt and the UAE have been accused by Libya Dawn and Omar Al-Hassi’s team of providing military support to Hafter in the east and targeting Libya Dawn forces in the west, claims that both countries have denied.

The remains of the the car bomb outside the Egyptian embassy this morning (Photo: Social media)
The remains of the the car bomb outside the Egyptian embassy this morning (Photo: Social media)

Following the accusations, the Egyptian embassy was sacked and looted last month, allegedly by militiamen belonging to Misratan and Suq Al-Juma units.

A bomb exploded outside the Egyptian consulate in Benghazi in August last year.

Until now the only other bomb attack on an embassy since the revolution was that against the French embassy in April last year. It was believed to have been carried out by Islamists angry at France’s intervention in Mali.

Attacks on embassies were similarly used as a political tool by the Qaddafi regime during the revolution. The UAE embassy, along with those of Qatar, the UK and Italy were set on fire by Qaddafi supporters. [/restrict]

Tags: EgyptfeaturedLibyaTripoliUAE

Related Posts

Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Libya signs Health MoU with Morocco on the sidelines of the 79th World Health Assembly in Geneve

May 20, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Libya emphasises it is not destination for irregular migration, cannot become migrant resettlement zone: Rome Quadripartite Cooperation Committee

May 20, 2026
Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli
Business

Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli

May 19, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

May 18, 2026
In the year that Libya hopes to hold elections, decision declaring all previously registered NGOs void is now deemed binding
Libya

Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

May 18, 2026
Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Next Post
Italian freed in Zuwara four months after kidnapping

Italian freed in Zuwara four months after kidnapping

Libyan school officials in Egypt petition to reopen schools after government shut-down

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Suspect arrested in possession of over 400 currency debit cards destined for money laundering via UAE and Turkey

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • CBL to inject US$ 3 billion in May and another US$ 3.5 billion in June to meet accumulated demand and stabilise currency and commodity markets

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Zueitina Oil Company’s Low-Pressure Gas Compressor Project at Field 103A resumes

Mellitah completes second heavy lifting operation at Bouri field – supporting its “zero flaring” goal

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.