No Result
View All Result
Saturday, November 29, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Sudan and Qatar deny accusations of supporting Libya Dawn

byMichel Cousins
September 16, 2014
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Libya Herald staff.

Tunis, 16 September 2014:

Both Qatar and Sudan have protested the accusations made by the Prime Minister, Abduallah Al-Thinni, . . .[restrict]at the weekend that they have been sending arms to the Misratan-led Libya Dawn forces.

Sudan yesterday summoned the Libyan Charge d’Affaires in Khartoum to protest the statement.

According to the Sudan news agency SUNA, Khartoum “strongly condemned” the statement. The Undersecretary of the Sudanese Foreign Ministry, Abdalla Al-Azraq, said that Sudan rejected any attempt to undermine security and stability in Libya and that it was committed to the decisions of the Conference of the Libyan neighbouring countries held in Cairo at the end of August.

RELATED POSTS

Tripoli Transport Minister seeking to activate Transit Roads to Niger and Sudan

Jordanian and Qatar Airways to resume Libya flights this month – discussions ongoing with Saudi Airlines

At the conference, the foreign ministers of the six states affirmed their support for the House of Representatives as Libya’s only legitimate legislature and said that militias in the country had to be disarmed.

Al-Azraq also repeated that the Sudanese plane at the centre of the row which landed in Kufra carrying arms was on a routine flight to deliver them and other supplies to the Sudan-Libya joint border force.

According to the news agency, the Sudanese Foreign minister, Ali Karti, phoned Thinni on Sunday to categorically deny that Sudan was interfering in Libya’s affairs but that it was willing to mediate between the Libyan factions.

For it part, Qatar has called Thinni’s accusation “misleading and unfounded” and the Assistant Minister for Foreign Affairs, Mohammed bin Abdullah Al Rumaihi, was quoted yesterday by the Qatar news agency QNA saying that Qatar’s policy was based on non-interference in the internal affairs of other countries.

In a barbed comment directed at the Prime Minister he added that “it would be appropriate for Al-Thinni to ensure the accuracy before releasing such statements especially since he did not say a word against the bombing of his country and its citizens recently”.

Speaking from New York in a TV interview yesterday, Libya’s UN Ambassador, Ibrahim Dabbashi, repeated the accusation that both states had been involved in supplying arms and munitions to Libya Dawn.

  [/restrict]

Tags: LibyaQatarSudan

Related Posts

Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Detention of a former chairman of Libya Telecom & Technology Company for LD 20 million misappropriation

November 28, 2025
“Beaches and marine life: Between investment and environmental conservation. Towards more sustainable eco-tourism” debate held in Tripoli
Libya

Tourism Minister affirms full support for Second Fesania Desert Rally scheduled to begin on 1 January in Wadi al-Hayat

November 28, 2025
Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Security plan within Tripoli has resulted in the resolution of several cases: Interior Minister Trabelsi

November 27, 2025
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Detention ordered of Director General and Director of Finance of Libyan Post, Telecoms and Information Technology Holding Co. for fund mismanagement

November 27, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba holds meeting with Interior Minister Trabelsi and Undersecretary of Defence Zoubi to follow up on ‎‎security and military developments

November 27, 2025
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Former Director of Long-Term Investment Portfolio’s Housing Company for Tourism and Hotel Investments to be detained for misappropriation of US$ 15 million

November 26, 2025
Next Post
I’m still Chief of Staff declares Obeidi

I’m still Chief of Staff declares Obeidi

Small window of opportunity to pull Libya back from the brink: UNSMIL chief

Small window of opportunity to pull Libya back from the brink: UNSMIL chief

libyaherald-Ads

Top Stories

  • NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme

    ‘‘Serious interest from American companies in returning to the Libyan market confirms their confidence in the path of reform and stability’’

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • A high-level Libyan delegation and U.S. officials from Congress, the administration, and think tanks hold roundtable discussion in DC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tripoli Libyan government delegation holds extensive meeting in DC with several major American companies ‘‘reflecting renewed American interest in Libyan market’’

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tripoli government delegation meets Eric Meyer, Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for the Middle East and Africa, to discuss economic and financial cooperation

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Sirte Free Zone offers 70% reduction in duties for all goods through its port for two years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Detention of a former chairman of Libya Telecom & Technology Company for LD 20 million misappropriation

Tourism Minister affirms full support for Second Fesania Desert Rally scheduled to begin on 1 January in Wadi al-Hayat

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.