No Result
View All Result
Wednesday, February 18, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Abu Sahmain leaked video confession to be investigated

bythomwestcott
March 26, 2014
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
Abu Sahmain leaked video confession to be investigated

Nuri Abu Sahmain speaking about the arrest incident, unaware he was being videoed

By Ahmed Elumami.

Nuri Abu Sahmain speaking about the arrest incident, unaware he was being videoed
Grab of the video shooing Nuri Abu Sahmain speaking about the arrest incident, unaware he was being filmed

Tripoli, 26 March 2014:

Attorney General Abdulqader Radwan today ordered an investigation into the circumstances of a video showing the . . .[restrict]head of the General National Congress (GNC), Nuri Abu Sahmain, which was leaked yesterday.

In the footage, which has been widely-circulated on social media networks, Abu Sahmain discusses the reasons behind his attempted arrest in January.

A member of the Attorney General’s office, Khaled Tourgeman, told the Libya Herald that the decision to investigate was because the incident affected the whole country.

RELATED POSTS

Top law firm joins new British Libyan Business Association

An academy with a difference in Tripoli

Tourgeman said the Attorney General had not received a request from Congress to start investigations.

The footage circulated yesterday clearly showed that Abu Sahmain was filmed without his knowledge. He looked nervous, at times, telling the other person, whom he called Haithem, that he would tell him everything.

On 3 January, a group of gunmen apparently found Abu Sahmain with two girls in his house in Tripoli. At the time, GNC spokesperson Omar Hemeidan denied to the Libya Herald that Abu Sahmain had been arrested and said he was in his office. However, a video was released shortly after the incident that suggested otherwise. It showed Abu Sahmain talking to the gunmen who broke his house.

“I had received a call from my former office manager saying that a lady from the GNC media office would give me a secret paper showing that a sleeper cell from Algeria would assassinate me and another congressman,” Abu Sahmain explained in this latest video. “After 15 minutes a group of gunmen broke into the house. I did not know what to do but I asked them stop filming me. Afterwards I went with them to an unknown place”.

Abu Sahmain is currently in Kuwait, where he has been participating in the 25th Arab Summit.

No comments on the video have yet been made by Congress. [/restrict]

Tags: featuredGNCleaked videoLibyaNuri AbuSahmainscandal

Related Posts

Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Interior Ministry reports increased crime-fighting success despite lack of resources

February 16, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba criticises corruption and mismanagement within health sector – calls on sector to reform itself in return for his support

February 16, 2026
NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme
Business

NESDB holds Istanbul meeting to advance Libya’s food security programmes

February 15, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

PM Aldabaiba launches ‘‘100-Day Strategy for Health Sector Reform’’ – inaugurates over 20 health facilities across the country

February 15, 2026
Libya’s western-based army opens enrolment
Libya

General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

February 14, 2026
Janzour militia clashes cause damage to Tripoli West power station
Libya

Calm returns to Janzour after overnight militia clashes

February 13, 2026
Next Post
LIPTIC establishes training academy in Libya with Etisalat

LIPTIC establishes training academy in Libya with Etisalat

Protestors threaten to close Ruwais power station; Tripoli power cuts possible.

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tunisian Ministry of Transport announces studies for railway connection project with Libya and Algeria

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • LIA discusses with China’s Chargé d’affaires reinvesting Libya’s Security Council frozen assets to preserve their value

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

HoR Members, Benghazi Municipality and Benghazi Chamber meet British business delegation visiting Benghazi

There is no shortage of food supplies in the Libyan marketplace: Customs Authority

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.