No Result
View All Result
Thursday, May 21, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

Zuetina oil and gas exports still suspended

bythomwestcott
July 24, 2013
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Seraj Essul and Tom Westcott.

Tripoli, 24 July 2013:

Zuetina Oil Company has resumed production of oil and gas but is holding . . .[restrict]back from exporting any hydrocarbons until the latest wave of protests at the port has finished.

Work at the Zuetina port and oil fields was disrupted by disgruntled workers and oil field guards striking about pay and conditions at the end of June. The loading of vessels was suspended then for more than a fortnight.

“We started loading two waiting ships on 10 July,” mechanical maintenance head at Zuetina, Hamad Al-Agouri, told the Libya Herald, “but the loading of the second ship was interrupted by protestors on 15 July.” No vessels have been loaded since.

RELATED POSTS

Damaged and drifting Russian gas tanker under control – being tugged away to sea by Libyan efforts

BREAKING: Eni announces new offshore gas discoveries in Libya of more than 1 trillion cubic feet – gas to supply Libyan domestic market and for export to Italy

These protestors, a different group from the strikers who previously brought Zuetina production to a standstill, claim to have been promised jobs by the government which have not been forthcoming.

Agouri said that although these protestors are fewer than ten in number, they are the main reason why exports have not recommenced.

“We are not loading ships because we don’t want this to be interrupted again by circumstances we can’t control,” said Agouri. “If we start pumping the oil and gas and it gets stopped, this causes problems in the system and will cost a lot of money to fix.”

He added that, after the recent disruptions, workers now wanted the company to ensure the port was properly protected. “We are now demanding that the port be secured to ensure there will be no further security or technical issues,” Agouri said.

There is one ship at the port at the moment, which has been waiting for two days. [/restrict]

Tags: gasLibyaoiloil exportsprotestsZuetina

Related Posts

Austria’s OMV opens Benghazi office and holds meeting to discuss Contract Development Area No. 91
Business

Austria’s OMV opens Benghazi office and holds meeting to discuss Contract Development Area No. 91

May 21, 2026
Mitiga airport closure to continue due to militia fighting
Business

Airports Authority and Civil Aviation Authority review visual presentation by Spanish company Indra on Modern Aviation Technologies

May 21, 2026
Turkey agrees to reduce age range for Libyans requiring an entry visa
Business

Turkish institutions ready to contribute to implementation of joint Libyan marine sector projects: Turkish Ambassador Güven Beginç

May 21, 2026
Minister of Industry meets the Committee for Localisation of Oil Materials and Equipment Industry
Business

Minister of Industry and Minerals discusses with Chinese companies prospects for industrial and investment cooperation

May 21, 2026
CBL receives results from meetings with international banks
Business

FX black-market has existed for years and decades, and eliminating it in a short period is impossible: CBL Governor Issa

May 20, 2026
Libyan Industrial Union organizing conference on Libyan economy – invites participation
Business

Libyan Industry Union and National Economic and Social Development Board to sign MoU to support manufacturing business environment

May 20, 2026
Next Post

Ramadan in Benghazi

Corinthia hotel was intended target – Interior Minister Sheikh

Corinthia hotel was intended target - Interior Minister Sheikh

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Austria’s OMV opens Benghazi office and holds meeting to discuss Contract Development Area No. 91

Airports Authority and Civil Aviation Authority review visual presentation by Spanish company Indra on Modern Aviation Technologies

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.