No Result
View All Result
Friday, May 22, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Benghazi Defence Brigades admit deaths of leading members

byMichel Cousins
December 13, 2016
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
Benghazi Defence Brigades admit deaths of leading members

By Libya Herald reporter.

image-2

Tripoli, 12 December 2016:

The Benghazi Defence Brigades (BDB) says that its spokesman and another leading member of the group were killed during last Wednesday’s attack on the oil crescent area. It also accuses Europe and the West of being behind a number of kidnappings and killings in Tripoli, including that of Salafist cleric Sheikh Nadir Al-Omrani.

In a statement today, the BDB said that its spokesman, Mansour Al-Faydi, was killed in Libyan National Army airstrike on Jufra airbase. Another commander, whom it named as Ahmed Al-Shaltami, later died of wounds received in a subsequent air raid on the base. A number of other, unnamed fighters were also said to have died.

RELATED POSTS

No Content Available

Shaltami was reportedly a leading member of Ansar Al-Sharia in Benghazi – part of the Benghazi Revolutionaries’ Shoura Council – before being forced to flee the city.

The BDB also claims that Libyans acting as agents of Europe and the West were behind the abduction and killing in Tripoli of Al-Omrani and of Abdul Latif Al-Kreek.

Al-Kreek was one of the commanders of the Bunyan Marsous operations room. He disappeared in Tripoli on 15 November. An alleged supporter of the so-called Islamic State who was arrested and is being held in the capital has supposedly confessed to involvement in his kidnapping and murder. A video of his confession was published today. Significantly, it shows signs of him having been beaten on the head.

In its statement, the BDB also claimed that the West’s Libyan agents were planning to kill a number of other radicals including Ziyad Belam (former head of the Omar Mukhtar Brigade in Benghazi), Ismail Salabi (a former commander of the 17 February Brigade), Benghazi militants Ahmed Majberi and Nasser Al-Maqsabi (0ne of the leaders of Libya Shield No 1 brigade).

Tags: Libya Benghazi

Related Posts

Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Libya signs Health MoU with Morocco on the sidelines of the 79th World Health Assembly in Geneve

May 20, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Libya emphasises it is not destination for irregular migration, cannot become migrant resettlement zone: Rome Quadripartite Cooperation Committee

May 20, 2026
Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli
Business

Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli

May 19, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

May 18, 2026
In the year that Libya hopes to hold elections, decision declaring all previously registered NGOs void is now deemed binding
Libya

Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

May 18, 2026
Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Next Post

Cleaning equipment delays Mitiga flight to Sfax

International support for Presidency Guard at Tunis conference

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Suspect arrested in possession of over 400 currency debit cards destined for money laundering via UAE and Turkey

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • CBL to inject US$ 3 billion in May and another US$ 3.5 billion in June to meet accumulated demand and stabilise currency and commodity markets

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Zueitina Oil Company’s Low-Pressure Gas Compressor Project at Field 103A resumes

Mellitah completes second heavy lifting operation at Bouri field – supporting its “zero flaring” goal

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.