No Result
View All Result
Thursday, May 21, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Tripoli based government forms Supreme Committee for Security Arrangements, launches plan to organise security within Tripoli

bySami Zaptia
August 24, 2024
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU

(GNU).

Tripoli based Libyan ‎Prime Minister, Abd Alhamid Aldabaiba issued Decree No. 379 today stipulating the formation of the Supreme Committee for Security Arrangements, headed by Acting Interior Minister Imad Trabelsi.

The Supreme Committee for Security Arrangements is to undertake several tasks, including supervising the withdrawal and return of security and military agencies and brigades to their headquarters.‎

In the same vein, the said Interior Ministry announced the launch of its strategic plan to organise police security deployment in the capital, Tripoli, for the year 2024.

The Ministry said the plan aims to enhance security and stability in the city by emptying it of security and military formations (militias) and ensuring that Tripoli is the capital of peace and security for all.

The ministry explained that its deployment plan works on 3 tracks:

RELATED POSTS

FX black-market has existed for years and decades, and eliminating it in a short period is impossible: CBL Governor Issa

CBL Governor & Interior Minister discuss action plan to curb FX black-market, reduce smuggling across borders and imports outside banking system

The first of which is the return of security (militias) and military formations to their main headquarters and the handover of sub-headquarters to their previous institutions.

Secondly, that security checkpoints on the roads are exclusively for the relevant components of the Ministry of Interior.

Thirdly, that the tasks of securing public headquarters are entrusted exclusively to the Ministry of Interior.

The ministry stressed that this step comes within the framework of its commitment to strengthening the rule of law, protecting citizens and public and private property, enhancing security and stability, improving the quality of life, and making Tripoli a safe and prosperous city for all its residents.

 

No intention to storm Central Bank by force and administrative crisis has nothing to do with security authorities: Acting Interior Minister Trabelsi (libyaherald.com)

Tripoli will be vacated of security and military services soon: Interior Minister Trabelsi (libyaherald.com)

Aldabaiba lauds the role of a unified army (versus warlords and militias) (libyaherald.com)

 

Tags: Acting Interior Minister Imad Trabelsi GNUmilitia militiassecurity

Related Posts

Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Libya signs Health MoU with Morocco on the sidelines of the 79th World Health Assembly in Geneve

May 20, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Libya emphasises it is not destination for irregular migration, cannot become migrant resettlement zone: Rome Quadripartite Cooperation Committee

May 20, 2026
Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli
Business

Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli

May 19, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

May 18, 2026
In the year that Libya hopes to hold elections, decision declaring all previously registered NGOs void is now deemed binding
Libya

Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

May 18, 2026
Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Next Post
Libyan Chinese Chamber for Economic Cooperation to hold meeting to discuss further economic cooperation

Libyan Chinese Chamber for Economic Cooperation to hold meeting to discuss further economic cooperation

CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

CBL Governor El-Kaber reports attempted storming to Attorney General – holds Interior Minister responsible for its security

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Industry Pioneers Conference and Forum held in Tripoli – as a national platform to support Libyan industry and enhance economic partnership

Austria’s OMV opens Benghazi office and holds meeting to discuss Contract Development Area No. 91

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.