No Result
View All Result
Friday, May 22, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Libya’s internationally recognized government condemns UAE support for Hafter

bySami Zaptia
September 9, 2019
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Sami Zaptia.

(Logo: PC/GNA).

London, 9 September 2019:

Libya’s internationally recognized government led by Faiez Serraj strongly condemned on Saturday (7 September) the UAE for supporting the Khalifa Hafter-led Libyan National Army (LNA) and its attack on Tripoli. It is the first time that the Serraj administration has mentioned the UAE by name.

However, since the launch of the attack by Khalifa Hafter and his LNA on Tripoli on 4 April this year, the Serraj government has referred to Egypt and the UAE indirectly as supporters, backers and perpetuators of the fighting over Tripoli.

The condemnation was provoked by Ahmed Mesmari, the Official Spokesperson of the LNA, holding a press conference in Abu Dhabi on Saturday.

RELATED POSTS

Atletico Madrid win Benghazi’s Reconstruction Cup after beating Inter Milan 4-3 on penalties – great political showpiece for Hafter

New China-UAE-Benghazi Julyana Free Port shipping line inaugurated

The Serraj Presidency Council said in its statement that it condemned the UAE’s aggressive position for allowing Mesmari to use Abu Dhabi ‘‘as a media platform’’ for the LNA’s aggressive ‘‘militias’’ on Tripoli and its suburbs.

The Presidency Council said that Mesmari used the Abu Dhabi press conference make threatening, inciting, blood-spilling statements against Libyans. It viewed this act as an act of support for the killing of Libyans and a signal for the LNA to continue to infringe war crimes. It also sees this act of support for the LNA as support for a coup against the legitimate Libyan government and as an infringement of UN Security Council resolutions.

The internationally recognized Libyan government also say the UAE’s support for Hafter’s LNA and its attack on Tripoli is UAE support for military rule and a rejection of civilian and democratic rule. It saw the presentation by Mesmari of a press statement in his military uniform in a foreign state as an infringement of Libya’s sovereignty.

The Presidency Council said that it had hoped that after the LNA’s failure after more than five months of its military operation the UAE would have reassessed its position of support for the LNA.

Tags: Abu DhabiFaiez Serraj Presidency Council Government of National Accord PC GNAKhalifa HafterLNA Libyan National ArmyLNA Official Spokesperson Ahmed Mesmaripress conferenceUAE

Related Posts

Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Libya signs Health MoU with Morocco on the sidelines of the 79th World Health Assembly in Geneve

May 20, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Libya emphasises it is not destination for irregular migration, cannot become migrant resettlement zone: Rome Quadripartite Cooperation Committee

May 20, 2026
Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli
Business

Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli

May 19, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

May 18, 2026
In the year that Libya hopes to hold elections, decision declaring all previously registered NGOs void is now deemed binding
Libya

Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

May 18, 2026
Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Next Post
New private sector fleet of Wasel school buses arrive in Benghazi

New private sector fleet of Wasel school buses arrive in Benghazi

Libyan Businessmen Council to open a new branch in south Libya

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Suspect arrested in possession of over 400 currency debit cards destined for money laundering via UAE and Turkey

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • CBL to inject US$ 3 billion in May and another US$ 3.5 billion in June to meet accumulated demand and stabilise currency and commodity markets

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Zueitina Oil Company’s Low-Pressure Gas Compressor Project at Field 103A resumes

Mellitah completes second heavy lifting operation at Bouri field – supporting its “zero flaring” goal

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.