No Result
View All Result
Saturday, May 23, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

NOC’s Mustafa Sanalla rebuffs interference from Ghwell following attack on NOC HQ

byNigel Ash
March 5, 2017
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
NOC’s Mustafa Sanalla rebuffs interference from Ghwell following attack on NOC HQ

NOC chairman Mustafa Sanalla (File photo)

By Libya Herald reporters.

Sanalla
NOC chairman Mustafa Sanalla in his Tripoli office (file photo)

Tripoli, 4 March 2017:

NOC chief Mustafa Sanalla has sought to slap down any idea that Khalifa Ghwell and his resurrected National Salvation Government represent the views of the state oil company.

He described as a “cheap trick” an incident yesterday when Ghwell supporters broke into the NOC’s Tripoli HQ and made a broadcast asserting that the oil company was answerable to the NSG.  Few other details of the incident have emerged.

Sanalla said that in line with the Libyan Political Agreement, the NOC recognised the House of Representatives as Libya’s legislative authority and the Government of National Accord as its executive.

RELATED POSTS

Ras Lanuf successfully restarts second polyethylene production‎ line – after a 12-year stoppage

Ras Lanuf signs contract with Slovakian Hydromtazah for maintenance of concrete foundations and steel structures at seawater outlet

“The people who made these broadcasts gained access to our premises by force,” said Sanalla. “I strongly condemn cheap tricks like this that try to drag NOC into politics.”

Ghwell’s supporters seemed to have timed their operation to coincide with the assault by the Benghazi Defence Brigade on the Sidra and Ras Lanuf export terminals in the oil crescent.

Today Sanalla said the the country’s oil infrastructure could not be used as a bargaining chip and fighting should avoid it.

“The NOC has always stood for the unity of the country, and we will continue to do so,” said Sanalla. “Our objective is to maximise production and oil revenues and we made good progress in the last few months in recovering production levels and increasing exports, which are national priorities.

“We are against any actions that could damage the oil infrastructure in the country including oil fields, pipelines, ports, plants and other petroleum facilities. We need to take concrete steps to prevent our oil valuable assets being damaged. Above all, the NOC and the oil sector should not be a bargaining chip in the political conflict.”

Tags: Benghazi Defence BrigadefeaturedGhwellLibyaLNANOCRas LanufSanallaSidra

Related Posts

Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Libya signs Health MoU with Morocco on the sidelines of the 79th World Health Assembly in Geneve

May 20, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Libya emphasises it is not destination for irregular migration, cannot become migrant resettlement zone: Rome Quadripartite Cooperation Committee

May 20, 2026
Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli
Business

Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli

May 19, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

May 18, 2026
In the year that Libya hopes to hold elections, decision declaring all previously registered NGOs void is now deemed binding
Libya

Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

May 18, 2026
Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Next Post
Libya pulls out of rescue plan for Uganda Telecom; company now faces nationalisation

Libya pulls out of rescue plan for Uganda Telecom; company now faces nationalisation

Oil terminals attack boosts HoR rejection of the LPA

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Suspect arrested in possession of over 400 currency debit cards destined for money laundering via UAE and Turkey

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • CBL to inject US$ 3 billion in May and another US$ 3.5 billion in June to meet accumulated demand and stabilise currency and commodity markets

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • First Phase projects in Benghazi’s Julyana district inaugurated – including five bridges

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Zueitina Oil Company’s Low-Pressure Gas Compressor Project at Field 103A resumes

Mellitah completes second heavy lifting operation at Bouri field – supporting its “zero flaring” goal

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.