No Result
View All Result
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

No justification for mills’ wheat price rises: Economy Ministry

bySami Zaptia
January 14, 2021
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A

By Sami Zaptia.

The Tripoli Economy Ministry says there is no justification for wheat Mills raising flour prices (Photo: Archives).

London, 14 January 2021:

The Commercial Department of the Economy Ministry in Tripoli said yesterday that there is no justification for the rise in wheat prices and called on the owners of mills not to raise the prices of flour. It warned the weak willed against exploiting the crisis for material gain.

The call was made by Mustafa Gaddara, Director of the Commercial Department of the Economy Ministry.

Speaking to local press, Gaddara said wheat was still entering through Libyan ports and that 29,000 tons of wheat had been bought at the end of last year and another ship was arriving on 15 January.

RELATED POSTS

Minister of Economy and Trade discussing financing opportunities for SMEs

Over 100 random tests found no potassium bromide in bakeries: Economy Minister Hwej

He said that he was on daily contact with the Bakeries’ Union assuring them that the situation will stabilize and that wheat supplies will be available.

Gaddara said that the Libyan state in such crises is supposed to be in control of strategic goods through the establishment of the General Authority for Grains to know the amount of Strategic Stock and so that no one controls the simple citizens’ livelihoods.

Tags: breadeconomy ministryfeaturedflourgrain mills

Related Posts

State sectors in east to form unified e-window for speedier procedures
Business

HoR Members, Benghazi Municipality and Benghazi Chamber meet British business delegation visiting Benghazi

February 17, 2026
Customs Authority uncovers 11 companies involved in illicit use of Letters of Credit exceeding US$ 54 million
Business

There is no shortage of food supplies in the Libyan marketplace: Customs Authority

February 17, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Business

After a 10-year hiatus, CT scan service at Tripoli Children’s Teaching Hospital restarted

February 17, 2026
Libya considering ways of recovering its outstanding loans to African states
Business

LFB recovering funds in several locations secretly to protect the funds and process: LFB Chairman Addarrat

February 17, 2026
Zueitina Oil Co. successfully tests new B1-106/4 well with production rate exceeding 3,000 bpd
Business

Zueitina Oil discusses technical cooperation with US-based BlueVee Energy to develop gas processing solutions for Field 103D

February 17, 2026
NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port
Business

“Transition to Clean Energy in Fezzan” symposium held by University of Fezzan and supported by NOC

February 16, 2026
Next Post

EU receives UN Secretary General request to contribute to Libya ceasefire observers, EU response not ready yet

Brega established Unified Finance Committee meets to discuss mechanism and criteria for consolidating budget

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tunisian Ministry of Transport announces studies for railway connection project with Libya and Algeria

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • MFZ signs strategic maritime MoU with the Egyptian company MAPSO to enhance capabilities in building and maintaining marine vessels

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

HoR Members, Benghazi Municipality and Benghazi Chamber meet British business delegation visiting Benghazi

There is no shortage of food supplies in the Libyan marketplace: Customs Authority

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.