No Result
View All Result
Thursday, February 19, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

Ras Lanuf releases first batch of polyethylene to Libyan market

bySami Zaptia
November 20, 2019
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
Ras Lanuf releases first batch of polyethylene to Libyan market

Ras Lanuf commences polyethylene sales to the Libyan market (Photo: RASCO).

By Sami Zaptia.

Ras Lanuf commences polyethylene sales to the Libyan market (Photo: RASCO).

London, 20 November 2019:

Ras Lanuf Oil and Gas Processing Company (RASCO), released its first batch of polyethylene raw material for making plastics to the local market last week. The first customer was a local company in Benghazi.

The company said that this day had been long coming after the closure of the processing plant for seven years.

Masood Munisi, the Director of the Polyethylene Plant said that the product is ready for sale and available. He assured potential customers that the production capacity of the plant will cover all the needs of the local market with high quality and specifications. He said that the company was in the process of operating the second line soon. He did not give a date.

RELATED POSTS

Initial phases of operation of Ras Lanuf Ethylene Plant begin following plant shutdown since February 2025

Ras Lanuf restarts ethylene production: NOC

It will be recalled that RASCO’s polyethylene factory restarted production on 8 October after a seven-year production halt. Earlier this month the company also announced the restart of its plastic sheeting factory.

Benghazi Chamber of Commerce described the reopening of the plastic sheet factory as ‘‘a rare positive boost to a war-ravaged economy and the country’s political divisions’.

Ras Lanuf Oil and Gas Manufacturing Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of the National Oil Corporation (NOC), operates the Polyethylene plant in Ras Lanuf, which has been closed for more than eight years due to insecurity. It reopened last month with an initial production capacity of 80,000 tons per year, which is expected to increase to 160,000 tons.

The port of Ras Lanuf had also been closed for years and the surrounding area has been repeatedly besieged in battles between rival Libyan groups and ISIS attacks, destroying some of the oil storage tanks there.

 

https://www.libyaherald.com/2019/11/07/plastic-production-line-resumes-at-ras-lanuf/

 

https://www.libyaherald.com/2019/10/09/ras-lanuf-restarts-polyethylene-production/

 

https://www.libyaherald.com/2019/08/05/first-shipment-of-ethylene-gas-arrives-at-ras-lanuf-port-to-restart-ethylene-production/

 

 

Tags: ethylene and polyethylene productionfeaturedRas Lanuf Oil and Gas Processing Company RASCO

Related Posts

Aldabaiba relaunches construction of Tripoli Gate’s Zumurrud Shopping Mall on Airport Road
Business

First phase of technical study assessing existing damage to Zumurrud Mall project completed

February 18, 2026
Economy Minister Hwej reviews his ministry’s implementation of its 2023 plan and issues several directives
Business

Ministry of Economy invites Serbian companies to participate in 52nd Tripoli International Fair

February 18, 2026
‘‘Enhancing skills related to the green and blue economy to enhance employment opportunities’’ workshop held in Tripoli
Business

Ministry of Planning meets Libyan Industry Union to discuss support for nationally manufactured products

February 18, 2026
Policeman killed in UNDP Tripoli office attack
Business

Libyan institutions explore how emerging technologies can strengthen education and scientific research

February 18, 2026
State sectors in east to form unified e-window for speedier procedures
Business

HoR Members, Benghazi Municipality and Benghazi Chamber meet British business delegation visiting Benghazi

February 17, 2026
Customs Authority uncovers 11 companies involved in illicit use of Letters of Credit exceeding US$ 54 million
Business

There is no shortage of food supplies in the Libyan marketplace: Customs Authority

February 17, 2026
Next Post

As the dinar gains value, straight from the horse’s mouth: CBL reforms are working

NOC aims for 1.5 M barrels a day in 2020 and 2.1 M in 2024

NOC aims for 1.5 M barrels a day in 2020 and 2.1 M in 2024

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tunisian Ministry of Transport announces studies for railway connection project with Libya and Algeria

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • National Development Agency signs partnership agreement with Signify Philips to enhance lighting projects in Libya

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

First phase of technical study assessing existing damage to Zumurrud Mall project completed

Tripoli Port receives Kone Crane-type grab from Turkish branch of Portunus

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.