No Result
View All Result
Sunday, May 24, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Bishr and Tajouri warn no armed force from Zintan to enter Tripoli with refugees

byNigel Ash
September 18, 2017
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
Bishr and Tajouri warn no armed force from Zintan to enter Tripoli with refugees

Tripoli Revolutionaries Brigade commander Haitham Tajouri (File photo)

By Libya Herald reporters.

Tripoli Revolutionaries Brigade commander Haitham Tajouri (File photo)
Tripoli Revolutionaries Brigade commander Haitham Tajouri (File photo)

Tripoli, 30 May 2017:

Pro-Presidency Council militiaman Hashem Bishr and his ally the Tripoli Revolutionaries Brigade (TRB), led by Haitham Tajouri, have welcomed the return of displaced Tripoli people currently residing in Zintan – but insisted that no outside force could enter the capital and accompany returnees.

The pro-Libyan National Army (LNA) and Zintan-based Special Operations Force announced yesterday they would oversee the return of 20,000 displaced residents back to Tripoli under its protection.

Bishr praised the idea but said it must be coordinated and organised with the Ministry of Interior.

RELATED POSTS

There are 4 million irregular migrants in Libya: Interior Minister Trabelsi

Aldabaiba opens First Phase of Tripoli’s Third Ring Road

However, he added:”The entry of an armed force from outside Tripoli is unacceptable.”

The sentiment was echoed by the TRB who after pointing out that displaced people did not need permission to return to their Tripoli homes also said there was no need for a “force” to protect them. It stated flatly that it would “not allow any armed group to enter Tripoli”.

The Zintani brigade, commanded by Emad Trabelsi, has said that it is neutral even though it comes under the command of the LNA and its Beida-based government.

Yesterday, it insisted “The Force reminds people that it has men from different areas of the nation and it confirms that it is not against any side in Tripoli”.

The planned return is supposed to happen in the next three days.

Until 2014 when they were thrown out when the capital was seized by Libya Dawn militias, Zintani forces had controlled Tripoli International Airport and the region around it. They had taken the airport in 2011 during the Revolution. After they had withdrawn the airport and several wraircraft were destroyed by fire.

Tags: Emad TrabelsifeaturedHaitham Tajourihashem BishrLibyaLNARefugeesTRBTripoliZintan

Related Posts

Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Libya signs Health MoU with Morocco on the sidelines of the 79th World Health Assembly in Geneve

May 20, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Libya emphasises it is not destination for irregular migration, cannot become migrant resettlement zone: Rome Quadripartite Cooperation Committee

May 20, 2026
Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli
Business

Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli

May 19, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

May 18, 2026
In the year that Libya hopes to hold elections, decision declaring all previously registered NGOs void is now deemed binding
Libya

Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

May 18, 2026
Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Next Post

The migrant carnage continues as numbers surge

Hafter praises the PC and says Qatar is arming Libyan terrorists

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Suspect arrested in possession of over 400 currency debit cards destined for money laundering via UAE and Turkey

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • CBL to inject US$ 3 billion in May and another US$ 3.5 billion in June to meet accumulated demand and stabilise currency and commodity markets

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Bosnia Herzegovina engineering company Energoinvest signs € 2.71 million contract with Libyan Iron and Steel Co to construct a power station

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Zueitina Oil Company’s Low-Pressure Gas Compressor Project at Field 103A resumes

Mellitah completes second heavy lifting operation at Bouri field – supporting its “zero flaring” goal

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.