By Moutaz Ali and Ajnadin Mustafa.
Tripoli, 20 September 2016:
An unidentified war plane today killed at least seven people and injured up to 20 others in an airstrike on a popular park in Sokna outside Jufra.
The Misratans have denied claims from the army that it was a Misrata planes that carried out the airstrike. Army sources maintained that the target had been its 12th Brigade which took over the Jufra airbase on Sunday. It is was not made if any troops were stationed near the Nina park and might have been the intended target.
The bombs dropped by the plane are known to have killed seven women, including a 12 year-old girl. Some reports say that a dozen people were killed and up to 20 others, among them other children, were injured. Images posted on social media include a picture of young child being taken being treated in Jufra hspital.
It is understood that some of the victims ere visitors from Mizdah. The park has sulphur springs which are rated for their curative properties.
The Presidency Council met in emergency session and deplored the attack, insisting that it had not been launched by any aircraft under its control. PC member Musa Koni said the strike had been carried out by outlaws.
In Misrata, a spokesman for the air operations room denied that any of their warplanes had been in the area. What aircraft that had been flying had been on reconnaissance around Sirte, he said.