No Result
View All Result
Saturday, November 29, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Libya Dawn says new Jebel Nafusa offensive planned

byMichel Cousins
November 25, 2014
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Libya Herald staff.

25 November 2014:

Libya Dawn troops who withdrew from Kikla over the weekend are regrouping and planning a renewed . . .[restrict]offensive to take the entire Jebel Nafusa (Western Mountains), according to the Tripoli-based administration of Omar Al-Hassi.

“The thuwar had to pull back from Kikla because if they stayed there the town would have been totally destroyed,” the head of the Foreign Media office and de facto spokesperson for the Al-Hassi administration Jamal Zubia told the Libya Herald. He added that some 300 people, mostly civilians, had been killed during the fighting in the mountain town.

Zubia said that Libya Dawn forces were now planning a new offensive to take control of the whole of the Jebel Nafusa. “There have been meetings between the thuwar from all towns and they have decided to liberate the mountains [the Jebel],” he said. “They pulled out of Kikla to plan new tactics and techniques for fighting, and a new attack strategy.” Zubia added that the offensive would begin “very shortly”.

RELATED POSTS

Top law firm joins new British Libyan Business Association

An academy with a difference in Tripoli

He claimed that the forces of the Libyan National Army (LNA), which he referred to as “Qaddafists and Zintanis”, had caused extensive destruction to Kikla by their use of new and up-to-date weapons imported and received from other countries, including the UAE, Egypt and Saudi Arabia.

Contrary to claims from the Thinni government and members of the LNA that the Hassi “government” was receiving weapons from Qatar and Turkey, Zubia said the thuwar were not using imported arms but replying on older ones taken from Qaddafi stores during the 17 February Revolution.

The strength of the thuwar fighting in the Jebel Nafusa lay in their bravery, he said. “The [LNA] soldiers are like mercenaries and want to preserve their own lives so they can spend their money in the future. But the thuwar do not care about money. They care about saving the country,” Zubia insisted.

It meant they would eventually win the battle for the Jebel, he believed. [/restrict]

Tags: Jebel NafusaLibyaLibya Dawn

Related Posts

Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Detention of a former chairman of Libya Telecom & Technology Company for LD 20 million misappropriation

November 28, 2025
“Beaches and marine life: Between investment and environmental conservation. Towards more sustainable eco-tourism” debate held in Tripoli
Libya

Tourism Minister affirms full support for Second Fesania Desert Rally scheduled to begin on 1 January in Wadi al-Hayat

November 28, 2025
Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Security plan within Tripoli has resulted in the resolution of several cases: Interior Minister Trabelsi

November 27, 2025
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Detention ordered of Director General and Director of Finance of Libyan Post, Telecoms and Information Technology Holding Co. for fund mismanagement

November 27, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba holds meeting with Interior Minister Trabelsi and Undersecretary of Defence Zoubi to follow up on ‎‎security and military developments

November 27, 2025
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Former Director of Long-Term Investment Portfolio’s Housing Company for Tourism and Hotel Investments to be detained for misappropriation of US$ 15 million

November 26, 2025
Next Post

Chief of Staff asks for higher armed forces salaries

HoR Foreign Affairs Committee wants fewer diplomats

libyaherald-Ads

Top Stories

  • NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme

    ‘‘Serious interest from American companies in returning to the Libyan market confirms their confidence in the path of reform and stability’’

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • A high-level Libyan delegation and U.S. officials from Congress, the administration, and think tanks hold roundtable discussion in DC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tripoli Libyan government delegation holds extensive meeting in DC with several major American companies ‘‘reflecting renewed American interest in Libyan market’’

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tripoli government delegation meets Eric Meyer, Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for the Middle East and Africa, to discuss economic and financial cooperation

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Sirte Free Zone offers 70% reduction in duties for all goods through its port for two years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Detention of a former chairman of Libya Telecom & Technology Company for LD 20 million misappropriation

Tourism Minister affirms full support for Second Fesania Desert Rally scheduled to begin on 1 January in Wadi al-Hayat

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.