No Result
View All Result
Saturday, February 21, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

No deal on Jadhran but prisoner exchange possible says Cyrenaica spokesman

byMichel Cousins
March 21, 2014
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Ahmed Elumami.

Benghazi, 21 March 2104:

There has been no agreement that oil  blockader and Cyrenaica federalist Ibrahim Jadhran will hand over . . .[restrict]the oil terminals, leave Libya and go into exile in Dubai, the spokesman for the self-proclaimed Executive Bureau of Cyrenaica, Ali Al-Hassi, told the Libya Herald today.

There have been reports, mainly from Misrata, that a deal is being negotiated with Jadhran under he would hand over the terminals and leave the country in return for Misrata forces pulling back from Sirte. 

“It’s not true,” said Hassi. 

RELATED POSTS

Top law firm joins new British Libyan Business Association

An academy with a difference in Tripoli

He claimed, however, that the basis of a deal had been agreed on Wednesday to exchange prisoners in negotiations between the commanders of the Central Libya Shield force and Jadhran’s forces.

If it happened, he said, it could open the door to the oil terminals being handed over. But, repeating the demand of Cyrenaica’s “prime minister” Abdaraba Abdulhamid Al-Barasi earlier this week, he said that Decree No. 42 issued by the President of Congress, Nuri Abu Sahmain, on 8 March in his capacity as Commander-in-Chief and ordering an armed force to free the oil terminals had first to be withdrawn. The Misrata-based Central Libya Shield force which went to Sirte last Tuesday in response to the decree had to return home. 

Four days ago, the Misratans claimed they had pulled out from Sirte which they moved into on 11 March, and from three oilfields near Zillah to which they had then advanced.

Other reports claim that they were forced out of the oilfields by Jadhran’s men.

On 12 March, Abu Sahmain suspended his order for two weeks to allow for mediators to persuade Jadhran’s forces to hand over the terminals. The suspension is due to end on 26 March.

It is reported that that the Libya Shield force asked for a week to consider its reply to the demand about withdrawing from Sirte. That would also be on 26 March.   [/restrict]

Tags: Libya

Related Posts

Libyan Ports fees increased by 235 percent to reflect dinar devaluation
Libya

Khoms Port receives five new Ferrari and Kone Crane 45-ton cranes

February 20, 2026
Malta to open Libya Consulate in weeks – visas, residency permits, flights, bank accounts, seized dinars discussed
Libya

Maltese Embassy participated in a mission in Libya in support of the Libyan National Centre for Emergencies and Disaster Management.

February 20, 2026
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

February 19, 2026
UNSMIL: Warring parties invited to begin negotiations on 29 September
Libya

No progress in Libya’s latest political Roadmap: UNSMIL head Tetteh

February 19, 2026
Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech
Libya

After the revolution, Libya needs a state of institutions, the rule of law and a unified professional army: Undersecretary of Defence Zoubi

February 19, 2026
Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech
Libya

Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech

February 19, 2026
Next Post

Derna Local Council still waiting for government funds

Tripoli’s wedding fair – more than just dresses

Tripoli's wedding fair - more than just dresses

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • No progress in Libya’s latest political Roadmap: UNSMIL head Tetteh

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

LBC and Libyan African Council for Sub-Saharan Countries held its first official meeting – an action plan to enhance Libya’s economic presence in Africa is agreed

LIDCO continues construction on 8,500 car multistorey carpark as part of Tripoli Gate 1 Project

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.