No Result
View All Result
Friday, May 22, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Another Congress member disbarred

byMichel Cousins
February 21, 2013
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Hadi Fornaji.

Tripoli, 21 February 2013:

The Integrity Commission has disbarred another member of Congress, Mahmoud Abdel-Aziz Milad Hassan Werfalli, one of . . .[restrict]the representatives from Tripoli’s Abu Sleem district. He is the twelfth member of Congress to be disbarred so far, and the second from Abu Sleem. It earlier banned the district’s National Forces Alliance member Maryam Ali Ahmed Farda.

The Commission also announced today, Thursday, that it has disbarred the current Libyan ambassador to Tunisia, Jamal Ahmed Gernazi.

According to the Commission’s Chairman, Hilal Senoussi, Werfalli has been informed of the decision and notice has been sent to the GNC to suspend his membership pending a court ruling finalising the decision.

RELATED POSTS

Malta Civil Aviation Authority’s Security Department visits Tripoli’s Mitiga airport with view to restarting flights

Minister of Economy visits Tripoli Port – discusses accelerating goods processing time to reduce cost of imports

Anyone who has been disbarred by the Commission can challenge its ruling in the Court of Appeal. A second appeal can be submitted to the High Court. Its judgment is the final say in the matter.

Werfalli is an independent member of Congress but is said to support the Justice and Construction Party.

Other members of Congress to have been disbarred so far are:

  • Salma Mohmed Emhemed Ekheil  (Zliten, National Forces Alliance)
  • Abd-Rabbah Yousef Mikael Bu-Braig (Beida, Independent)
  • Abdel-Hamid Dhaw Khanjari (Batin Al-Jabel, Independent)
  • Mohamed Ibrahim Makhi Abdulqader (Ghat, Independent)
  • Abdulqader Sidi Omar Sidi Sheikh El-Hash (Ghat, Independent)
  • Salem Ahmar Alhadi Ali (Bani Walid, Independent)
  • Amna Mahmoud Mohamed Takhikh (Bani Walid, Independent)
  • Hussein Mohamed Ahmed Al-Ansari (Obari, Independent)
  • Ibrahim Mohamed Eddah (Obari, Libyan Party for Liberty & Development)
  • Annifishi Abdussalam Abdul Manee Abdussalam (Tarhouna, Indepednent)

Eight have had their appeals rejected by the High Court.

It has yet to be decided if there will be fresh elections to replace those who have been disbarred or whether the run-up candidates in their constituencies in the July elections can take their place.

In the case of the Libyan Ambassador to Tunisia, the Commission had last year issued Decision No 179/2012, stating that Gernazi met the Commission’s standards. Commission spokesman Nasir Bennour now says that it has recently obtained documents indicating that Gernazi was a member of a Qaddafi Revolutionary Committee in 2005 while he was working at the Libyan embassy in Switzerland.  As a result it has issued Decision No 165/2013, disbarring him. [/restrict]

Related Posts

Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Libya signs Health MoU with Morocco on the sidelines of the 79th World Health Assembly in Geneve

May 20, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Libya emphasises it is not destination for irregular migration, cannot become migrant resettlement zone: Rome Quadripartite Cooperation Committee

May 20, 2026
Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli
Business

Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli

May 19, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

May 18, 2026
In the year that Libya hopes to hold elections, decision declaring all previously registered NGOs void is now deemed binding
Libya

Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

May 18, 2026
Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Next Post
No court appearance for Saif al-Islam Qaddafi yesterday – spokesperson

No court appearance for Saif al-Islam Qaddafi yesterday - spokesperson

Lufthansa and Austrian refused permission to return to Libya

Lufthansa and Austrian refused permission to return to Libya

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Suspect arrested in possession of over 400 currency debit cards destined for money laundering via UAE and Turkey

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • First Phase projects in Benghazi’s Julyana district inaugurated – including five bridges

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Malta Civil Aviation Authority’s Security Department visits Tripoli’s Mitiga airport with view to restarting flights

Minister of Economy visits Tripoli Port – discusses accelerating goods processing time to reduce cost of imports

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.