Tripoli, April 1: The agreement that brought an end to last week’s fighting in Sebha in which 147 people were killed . . .[restrict]is expected to be formally signed in the next 12 hours.
According to Mohamed Shambi, a member of the Libyan Elders Committee in Sebha, the agreement negotiated between Tebu leaders and local officials will to be signed tonight or tomorrow morning. He said that Tebu leaders had now debated the agreement.
Under it, Tebu forces are to withdraw from all areas and recognise the authority of the national army which will be in charge of all security operations in the south and on the border.
In return, Tebus are to be given back all their properties throughout Libya and there will be an investigation into the conflict. It will also assess losses and compensation due.
In addition, Shambi said that there would be an exchange of the prisoners and the wounded on both sides as a result of the clashes that happened in the city during the past few days. [/restrict]