No Result
View All Result
Monday, May 18, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

Thinni government warns against dealing with ”illegitimate” Tripoli-based NOC

bySami Zaptia
April 6, 2015
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
Thinni government warns against dealing with ”illegitimate” Tripoli-based NOC

Prime Minister Abdullah Thinni stressed his support for the army, police and UN-led dialogue at Saturdays press conference held in Beida.

By Libya Herald reporter.

Prime Minister Abdullah Thinni stressed his support for the army, police and UN-led dialogue at Saturdays press conference held in Beida.
Prime Minister Abdullah Thinni stressed his support for the army, police and UN-led dialogue at Saturdays press conference held in Beida.

Tunis, 6 April 2015:

In a statement read out at Saturday’s press conference held in the eastern city of . . .[restrict]Beida, the Libyan government of Abdullah Thinni, representing the only internationally recognized parliament, the House of Representatives (HoR), warned against dealing with the Tripoli-based NOC.

In its continuing pressure and efforts to push the boundaries and breakout of the status quo favoured by the international community, the Thinni government is taking further steps to export crude oil from the regions under its control through its locally recognized NOC – and away from the historic Tripoli-based NOC.

The chairman of the pro HoR NOC, Mabruk Abuyousef Maraja, making the statement at the press conference warned all sectors, national and foreign persons of the illegality or illegitimacy of dealing with the NOC located in the city of Tripoli, as of the date of the decision of the Thinni government No. 50 and 65 of 2014.

RELATED POSTS

HoR Speaker Saleh cancels new import tax having previously claimed he had never agreed such a tax. Is Saleh’s position weakening? Report and analysis

HoR unofficial meeting proposes a new reform Roadmap to elect new leadership and amend internal regulations

These decisions concerned the appointment of the Chairman and members of the Board of Directors of the NOC that represents the legitimate authority of the State of Libya represented in the person of Mabruk Abuyousef Maraja as Chairman and in its interim home town of Ras Lanuf, the statement read.

The decision, continued the statement, affirms the right of the NOC to exercise its authority and competence granted it by legislation.

It also affirms the subordination of all assets, companies and employees associated with oil and located inside and outside the State of Libya, including areas west of the country ranging from Zawia refinery and Mellitah port controlled by outlaw militias, the statement said.

The Thinni government represented by the NOC informs that Mustafa Sanalla, Abdallah al-Qassam Shingeer and Alamari Mohamed Alamari and Jadallah Al-Obeidi represent only themselves.

And at the same time, the statement continued, we warn them not to enter into any contracts or legal actions that would impose any obligations on the Libyan oil sector. We hold them fully responsible for their actions as a result of their losing their legal authority by virtue of the referred to announcements of government decisions no 50 and 65.

The statement also reiterated the pro HoR NOC’s permission from the Thinni government in starting to export crude oil and its by-products through its main ports and the import of fuel for local consumption effective from this announcement.

The decision also says that the NOC has been authorized to negotiate companies committed with existing ongoing contracts in order to continue the contracts’ execution and to find ways to amend them to an ideal way that would protect Libya’s rights.

The Thinni government wants to assure local and foreign companies that are contractually committed with the NOC that it will honour those contracts and its commitment to their execution, after getting over and treating some of the barriers that may impede the continuation – as long as it is carried out through the legal/legitimate Thinni government and its representative NOC and its subsidiaries. [/restrict]

Tags: BeidacontractsfeaturedHoR House of RepresentativesNOCTobrukTripoli

Related Posts

CBL receives results from meetings with international banks
Business

Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

May 17, 2026
Ministry of Housing in discussions with Ernst & Young in London
Business

Minister of Housing from Baku: Completion and construction of 150,000 housing units and the transition towards smart cities‎ is the aim

May 17, 2026
CBL receives results from meetings with international banks
Business

Numisma Bank pledges to supply record amounts of cash dollars to the Central Bank of Libya in its Second Phase of cash injection to the Libyan market

May 17, 2026
First Phase projects in Benghazi’s Julyana district inaugurated – including five bridges
Business

First Phase projects in Benghazi’s Julyana district inaugurated – including five bridges

May 17, 2026
Sebha airport closed for urgent runway maintenance until end of April
Business

Sebha’s newly developed airport inaugurated during a lavish ceremony

May 17, 2026
NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port
Business

Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

May 16, 2026
Next Post

HoR President heads to Rome as Egyptian and Algerian foreign ministers also fly in for Libya talks

HoR home in Ajilat gutted in blaze

Top Stories

  • Libyan Express and Italy’s 4 Airways to launch joint Libya-Europe air route ”soon”

    Libyan Express and Italy’s 4 Airways to launch joint Libya-Europe air route ”soon”

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • CBL renews call for closure of unofficial FX sales outlets – as dinar begins to slide again

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

Minister of Housing from Baku: Completion and construction of 150,000 housing units and the transition towards smart cities‎ is the aim

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.