No Result
View All Result
Monday, September 1, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Libya Dawn says new Jebel Nafusa offensive planned

byMichel Cousins
November 25, 2014
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Libya Herald staff.

25 November 2014:

Libya Dawn troops who withdrew from Kikla over the weekend are regrouping and planning a renewed . . .[restrict]offensive to take the entire Jebel Nafusa (Western Mountains), according to the Tripoli-based administration of Omar Al-Hassi.

“The thuwar had to pull back from Kikla because if they stayed there the town would have been totally destroyed,” the head of the Foreign Media office and de facto spokesperson for the Al-Hassi administration Jamal Zubia told the Libya Herald. He added that some 300 people, mostly civilians, had been killed during the fighting in the mountain town.

Zubia said that Libya Dawn forces were now planning a new offensive to take control of the whole of the Jebel Nafusa. “There have been meetings between the thuwar from all towns and they have decided to liberate the mountains [the Jebel],” he said. “They pulled out of Kikla to plan new tactics and techniques for fighting, and a new attack strategy.” Zubia added that the offensive would begin “very shortly”.

RELATED POSTS

Top law firm joins new British Libyan Business Association

An academy with a difference in Tripoli

He claimed that the forces of the Libyan National Army (LNA), which he referred to as “Qaddafists and Zintanis”, had caused extensive destruction to Kikla by their use of new and up-to-date weapons imported and received from other countries, including the UAE, Egypt and Saudi Arabia.

Contrary to claims from the Thinni government and members of the LNA that the Hassi “government” was receiving weapons from Qatar and Turkey, Zubia said the thuwar were not using imported arms but replying on older ones taken from Qaddafi stores during the 17 February Revolution.

The strength of the thuwar fighting in the Jebel Nafusa lay in their bravery, he said. “The [LNA] soldiers are like mercenaries and want to preserve their own lives so they can spend their money in the future. But the thuwar do not care about money. They care about saving the country,” Zubia insisted.

It meant they would eventually win the battle for the Jebel, he believed. [/restrict]

Tags: Jebel NafusaLibyaLibya Dawn

Related Posts

UNSMIL: Warring parties invited to begin negotiations on 29 September
Libya

Following mobilisation of forces around Tripoli, UNSMIL calls for peaceful dialogue and de-escalation: report and analysis

August 31, 2025
Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

August 29, 2025
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

August 29, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba and Shakshak discuss use of international auditors to enhance transparency and accountability in public institutions

August 28, 2025
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Ministry of Health to launch National System for Dispensing and Monitoring Insulin‎

August 28, 2025
Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

General Authority for Telecommunications and Informatics launches 2025 Frequency Allocation Plan

August 27, 2025
Next Post

Chief of Staff asks for higher armed forces salaries

HoR Foreign Affairs Committee wants fewer diplomats

ADVERTISEMENT

Top Stories

  • Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NOC discusses exploration and production with US oil giant Chevron in its 4 billion reserves, 18 bn barrels of shale oil and 123 trillion cubic ft of natural gas

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Qatari shipping line Milaha begins its Libya operations from Misrata Free Zone

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Libyan German discussions include resumption of flights, opening of German Embassy’s visa section and economic and investment cooperation

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Medsky to launch new direct flights between Libya and Athens soon

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Following mobilisation of forces around Tripoli, UNSMIL calls for peaceful dialogue and de-escalation: report and analysis

Libya Africa Investment Portfolio considering funding its Libya projects through Islamic bonds

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.