No Result
View All Result
Sunday, August 31, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Jordan, Libya discuss prospects for health cooperation

byMichel Cousins
May 7, 2012
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Abdul-Jalil Mustafa.

Amman, 7 May:

Jordan and Libya on Monday discussed ways and means of boosting health cooperation between the two countries, . . .[restrict]during a meeting between Jordanian Health Minister Dr Abdullateef Woraikat and the visiting Libyan Second Deputy Prime Minister Omar Abdulkarim.

Jordan, which recently started training 10,000 Libyan policemen in the country, “places all its health capabilities at the disposal of the Libyan brethren, in accordance with personal directives from His Majesty King Abdullah II”, Woraikat said.

“Jordan is ready for receiving a large number of Libyan health workers for training in various medical spheres and through arranging short term and medium term courses,” he added.

RELATED POSTS

Libya Africa Investment Portfolio considering funding its Libya projects through Islamic bonds

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

The Jordanian minister pointed out that the health memorandum of understanding recently concluded between the two governments “provides the basis for building up sustainable and institutional Jordanian-Libyan cooperation in the medical and health spheres”.

Woraikat also expressed Jordan’s readiness to contribute to the building and reconstruction of Libya’s medical infrastructure which was badly affected by last year’s revolution.

He said that Jordanian hospitals would continue to receive Libyan patients for treatment once the two countries had managed to overcome the financial problems that had occurred dealing with the more than 50,000 Libyan patients who had been treated in Jordanian hospitals over the past few months.

The Jordanian minister said that in order to facilitate the smooth flow of Libyan patients to Jordanian hospitals, he planned to send a liaison Jordanian health official to join the Jordanian embassy in Tripoli.

For his part, Abdulkarim said that “ample chances existed for boosting bilateral cooperation, particularly in the health sphere and building up a strong partnership in this respect”.

He thanked Jordan for the assistance it had extended to the Libyan people during the difficult days of the revolution and for its tolerance that accompanied the influx of Libyan patients after the overthrow of the previous regime.

He said that the Jordanian Health Ministry would be the main body dealing with Libyan patients in future in order to avert the previous payment problems.

He assured the Jordanians that the Libyan government would shortly transfer the remaining funds to settle outstanding amounts owed to Jordan’s private hospitals for treating Libyan patients and wounded after the Libyan authorities paid JD 50 million ($70 million) two weeks ago.

He said that the Libyan government had also transferred JD 40 million ($58 million) to pay Libyan hotel expenses.

He said that the Libyan government intended to establish a health bureau in Amman to organise a controlled flow of Libyan patients to Jordanian hospitals.

Last week, the president of the Private Hospitals Association (PHA), Fawzi Hammouri, said that following the payment of the JD 50 million, the 20 member private hospitals had agreed to suspend their policy of refusing admission to Libyan patients.

However, he said that the remaining JD 70 million had to be paid soon in order to enable Jordanian hospitals to extend the necessary medical services to the Libyans. [/restrict]

Related Posts

Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

August 29, 2025
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

August 29, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba and Shakshak discuss use of international auditors to enhance transparency and accountability in public institutions

August 28, 2025
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Ministry of Health to launch National System for Dispensing and Monitoring Insulin‎

August 28, 2025
Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

General Authority for Telecommunications and Informatics launches 2025 Frequency Allocation Plan

August 27, 2025
Major effort by the Ministry of Economy to bring back Chinese companies
Libya

Libyans still need visas to travel to China

August 27, 2025
Next Post

LD 1.25 billion for youth job training

Libya Niger agreement signed

Libya Niger agreement signed

ADVERTISEMENT

Top Stories

  • Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Medsky to launch new direct flights between Libya and Athens soon

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NOC discusses exploration and production with US oil giant Chevron in its 4 billion reserves, 18 bn barrels of shale oil and 123 trillion cubic ft of natural gas

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Qatari shipping line Milaha begins its Libya operations from Misrata Free Zone

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Ministry of Planning launches Libya 2050 Vision

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Libya Africa Investment Portfolio considering funding its Libya projects through Islamic bonds

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.